Rear winch bumped

Zhouse

LOL!! Oh come on, really? A "hypocrite" and the "joke is on them"? First off, nobody was "getting on" the OP about anything or at least, I wasn't. I asked a simple question and the OP answered it. Second, I can only guess it's because you don't own a Jeep or wheel what you have on trails where a winch is not only good to have but are completely NECESSARY because if you did, you'd know the joke is on you. Of course, I'm new to all this wheeling stuff so what would I know.

With all kidding aside, I'd be the first to say to each their own. If you, the OP or anyone wants to carry a rear winch that'll weigh you down and rob you of your departure angle, more power to you. :yup:

LOL. Owning a Jeep or not has nothing to do with it, but that was a good one. :thumb:

Bottom line is I could do more alone on the trail with a well built Jeep that is packing two winches than a Jeep with only one winch. Its the same as the Jeep guy that has 1 winch that can do more than the Jeep guy with no winch. A winch is a tool. Two winches are two good tools. More can be done with two. Its factual math.

And Another 100lbs of a good tool would not affect a well built Jeep unless you are saying Jeeps are not well built and cannot handle another 100lbs and I know you are NOT saying that.

Also there are several very well designed rear Jeep winch bumpers that are high enough off the ground that it will not rob you of any departure angles unless you are blasting to space.

I might not own a Jeep, but that does not mean much. It simply means I don't own one. In fact, I love them, that is why I know a Jeep can easily handle two winches.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Owning a Jeep or not has nothing to do with it, but that was a good one. :thumb:

Bottom line is I could do more alone on the trail with a well built Jeep that is packing two winches than a Jeep with only one winch. Its the same as the Jeep guy that has 1 winch that can do more than the Jeep guy with no winch. A winch is a tool. Two winches are two good tools. More can be done with two. Its factual math.

And Another 100lbs of a good tool would not affect a well built Jeep unless you are saying Jeeps are not well built and cannot handle another 100lbs and I know you are NOT saying that.

Also there are several very well designed rear Jeep winch bumpers that are high enough off the ground that it will not rob you of any departure angles unless you are blasting to space.

I might not own a Jeep, but that does not mean much. It simply means I don't own one. In fact, I love them, that is why I know a Jeep can easily handle two winches.

No need to be so sensitive. Owning a Jeep has nothing to do with anything and that's why I specifically said "or wheel what you have". Being that your rhetoric is based on "factual math", how about you prove it by showing us how and where your rear winch has given you the advantage you needed and on what trail. Again, I'm new to all this so I'm eager to learn from your vast knowledge based on actual experience.

ttfhell

No need to be so sensitive. Owning a Jeep has nothing to do with anything and that's why I specifically said "or wheel what you have". Being that your rhetoric is based on "factual math", how about you prove it by showing us how and where your rear winch has given you the advantage you needed and on what trail. Again, I'm new to all this so I'm eager to learn from your vast knowledge based on actual experience.

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Just tell me where I can mount my 3rd winch!!!

WJCO

Meme King
This all sounds fine and dandy, but will the rear winch bumper work with my waist-oil lubed-up attentuator?

jagrubb99

What is up this week? Seems like all the crazies who are susceptible to being butthurt have come out with their great ideas all at once.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hate to point out the obvious, but you can winch backwards with a front mounted winch. Like Eddie said, it's all about having a place to anchor the winch line to.

Last edited:

Zhouse

2+2=4. That is factual math. 4 tires over 2 or 3. That is factual math. Here is another one..., lockers vs open diff. Lockers = more traction. That is factual math. With simple factual math examples should not be needed for knowledgable off roaders. As far as more specific examples on the trail, please read what I wrote earlier as the answers are there, but then again, I know you don't really need those examples.

As far as being sensitive, not me. I am about logic and helping people and the funny thing is I didn't know that my writing called you out. Your sensitivity exposed yourself. Not me. You exposed yourself with your own sensitivity but I know you have your other sensitive buddies that will be there for you. ;)

Simply said, I answered the main thread with knowledge and help, not BS, but then again, BS is entertainment so its expected. ;) People are going to love reading this sort of stuff. ;)

Last edited:

Zhouse

I hate to point out the obvious, but you can winch backwards with a front mounted winch. Like Eddie said, it's all about have a place to mount the winch to.

That is true, as long as that place exist, you are exactly correct.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
2=2=4. That is factual math. 4 tires over 2 or 3. That is factual math. Here is another one..., lockers vs open diff. Lockers = more traction. That is factual math. With simple factual math examples should not be needed for knowledgable off roaders. As far as more specific examples on the trail, please read what I wrote earlier as the answers are there, but then again, I know you don't really need those examples.

As far as being sensitive, not me. I am about logic and helping people and the funny thing is I didn't know that my writing called you out. Your sensitivity exposed yourself. Not me. You exposed yourself with your own sensitivity but I know you have your other sensitive buddies that will be there for you. ;)

Simply said, I answered the main thread with knowledge and help, not BS, but then again, BS is entertainment so its expected. ;) People are going to love reading this sort of stuff. ;)

Two does equal two but two does not equal four.

Lockers do not provide more 'traction'.

Your 'math' is not factual.

Zhouse

Two does equal two but two does not equal four.

Lockers do not provide more 'traction'.

Your 'math' is not factual.

Yes you got me the lockers are truly not on the ground. That was a good one. Oh and yes, that was a typ0 ;) thanks for the help 2+2=4. Finally. Got it. Thanks ;)

Love it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2+2=4. That is factual math. 4 tires over 2 or 3. That is factual math. Here is another one..., lockers vs open diff. Lockers = more traction. That is factual math. With simple factual math examples should not be needed for knowledgable off roaders.

Sorry, I'm not a knowledgeable off-roader and I failed to see any proof of where a your rear winch has given you the advantage you needed and on what trail. That is a fact.

As far as more specific examples on the trail, please read what I wrote earlier as the answers are there

Ummm, I read what you wrote earlier but couldn't find the answers you say are there that prove where a your rear winch had given you the advantage you needed and on what specific trail.

but then again, I know you don't really need those examples.

That's funny, I could have sworn that I specifically asked for proof and you respond by saying that you know I don't really need them :thinking:

As far as being sensitive, not me.

Could have fooled me. ;)

I am about logic and helping people

And here I thought you were about encouraging people to spend their money on things that they don't really need and based on your baseless opinions. Silly me. :crazyeyes:

and the funny thing is I didn't know that my writing called you out. Your sensitivity exposed yourself. Not me. You exposed yourself with your own sensitivity but I know you have your other sensitive buddies that will be there for you. ;)

:cheesy: And the funny thing is, I didn't know that me posting a simple response that included the word "Jeep" would get your panties in a bunch. Your sensitivity came shining through in your response. But hey, you're still special. :crazyeyes:

Simply said, I answered the main thread with knowledge and help

Funny, seemed more like all you did was try and convince a guy to spend money on something he didn't need and based on your imagination. But hey, that's just what I saw.

not BS, but then again, BS is entertainment so its expected. ;) People are going to love reading this sort of stuff. ;)

You're right, BS is entertainment and you're providing us with a good time. Thanks :thumb:

Zhouse

Sorry, I'm not a knowledgeable off-roader and I failed to see any proof of where a your rear winch has given you the advantage you needed and on what trail. That is a fact.

Ummm, I read what you wrote earlier but couldn't find the answers you say are there that prove where a your rear winch had given you the advantage you needed and on what specific trail.

That's funny, I could have sworn that I specifically asked for proof and you respond by saying that you know I don't really need them :thinking:

Could have fooled me. ;)

And here I thought you were about encouraging people to spend their money on things that they don't really need and based on your baseless opinions. Silly me. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: And the funny thing is, I didn't know that me posting a simple response that included the word "Jeep" would get your panties in a bunch. Your sensitivity came shining through in your response. But hey, you're still special. :crazyeyes:

Funny, seemed more like all you did was try and convince a guy to spend money on something he didn't need and based on your imagination. But hey, that's just what I saw.

You're right, BS is entertainment and you're providing us with a good time. Thanks :thumb:

As I said. BS is great entertainment and it's easily seen that you thrive on it, so, so be it. But too bad that's all you got as BS is easy to do. Very easy and that's why it's worthless. Maybe you should go back to your roots when you first started a positive thing. Because so far, nothing you have written in this thread is quality or helpful, but as you said earlier. All to our own. ;)

Top Bottom