Rear Tires Rub

MattMc

37x12.5x20 - running 35 psi. Yes, it is a 4'"

I'm running 37" tires and 4" of lift and have no rubbing on street conditions. I did trim the rails, but not the pinch seams. As others have mentioned pictures would help. I'd recommend running the tires closer to 30 psi. It may help with this situation, but will definitely help with ride quality. Not sure if you're being 20" vs my 17" would affect things much.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Need to move the rear axle back or trim the fenders

If you move it back you will still have the same issue and still need a BFH, either in the front or the wheel well, or the rear....

Attachments

• 1473989442327.jpg
    1473989442327.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 1473989461600.jpg
    1473989461600.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 96

thardy

Banned
Based on the mods, and the fact that you just bought the Jeep, I'm going to make the assumption that the mods were installed by the dealer or by previous owner? If so, do you know what brand and model of lift kit is installed?

Jeepin Dad of 2

Thanks for all the comments. The dealership told me that it is Rough Country 4" lift installed by the previous owner. I have noticed that it rubs more on the left side then it does on the right side. 4.jpg

Robertcrav

Thanks for all the comments. The dealership told me that it is Rough Country 4" lift installed by the previous owner. I have noticed that it rubs more on the left side then it does on the right side.

Mine was similar, I had no clearance issues on the passenger side, only the driver, but I modified both sides equally...

Top Bottom