Rear sub problems!

theprospect1.3

Ive owned my 07 X jk for a while now, and the sound system isn't that great but i'm not about to throw money at it to improve it just yet. I was given a sub the other day which was out of a 06 tj, the mount works perfectly in the right side of the trunk, the wiring harness fits but nothing is coming out of it. Anyone know any info that could be helpful or should i just deal without it for now?

Sent from my LG-H812 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Owen19

Did you just plugged it in the OEM sub plug located at the back? Do your X have a Infinity system?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the factory amp installed? This would be behind the dash under the steering column. Or, are you using an aftermarket amp?

theprospect1.3

Yes i just plugged it in the the connector that was in the right rear corner. The harness was with the jeep when i bought it but no sub. It could very well be blown, i have no idea or know how to check if it is. Do i have to remove alot to figure out if i have a amp under the steering column?

sparks

Do you have the factory amp installed? This would be behind the dash under the steering column. Or, are you using an aftermarket amp?

Sorry to Hijack ... I looked for my amp a few weeks ago and didn't see it. I meant to ask on here, did they install a sub without the amp?

Or is my amp missing ?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Ive owned my 07 X jk for a while now, and the sound system isn't that great but i'm not about to throw money at it to improve it just yet. I was given a sub the other day which was out of a 06 tj, the mount works perfectly in the right side of the trunk, the wiring harness fits but nothing is coming out of it. Anyone know any info that could be helpful or should i just deal without it for now?

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you do have a factory amp your system is not gonna sound all that good, especially when top and doors are off.
I upgraded my head unit, got a nice amp ( nothing crazy just 5ch500w) got all new component speakers (x4), used a 10" sub I had laying around and ran all new speaker wire. Sounds good [emoji108]
I want to get a quality 8" sub that I can stuff in the factory subwoofer housing, but I have other things I have to take of first....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Sorry to Hijack ... I looked for my amp a few weeks ago and didn't see it. I meant to ask on here, did they install a sub without the amp?

Or is my amp missing ?

I had a subwoofer without a factory amp, I took it out and placed it directly in the trash lol..... that was after I upgraded my system.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clark Griswold

0810172051.jpg
For those not happy with factory subwoofer performance as I was I decideded to try and port it with a 1.5" hole saw an an extension tube from an extra Hoover vacuum I had laying around that is slightly tapered to help prevent water from getting in. Long story short this modification has really brought this sub to life even with the top off.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom