Rear gear gone wrong

Tko13

So I purchased a set of Rubicon axles from an individual and had a shop re-gear them to 5:13. The repair was done with the axles out of the vehicle. When the axles are picked up, I specifically asked if they had fluid in them and was insured that they did and where ready to go. Was also charged for the fluids. After installing them with in the first mile there was an awful grinding sound coming for the rear so I turned around and limped it back to the garage. Just as I thought no fluid in either axle. I will be contacting the shop Monday but at the very least the bearings are shot. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

JT@623

Hooked
So I purchased a set of Rubicon axles from an individual and had a shop re-gear them to 5:13. The repair was done with the axles out of the vehicle. When the axles are picked up, I specifically asked if they had fluid in them and was insured that they did and where ready to go. Was also charged for the fluids. After installing them with in the first mile there was an awful grinding sound coming for the rear so I turned around and limped it back to the garage. Just as I thought no fluid in either axle. I will be contacting the shop Monday but at the very least the bearings are shot. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
Always check yourself trust no one

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Sorry to hear this happened to you, that really sucks. As Ronaldus Maximus said: “Trust but verify”.

WJCO

Meme King
Take pictures showing no fluid. Just in case shop tries to say they did have fluid. And take pictures of your odometer if you have any way to prove you've barely driven it since install.

Any updates?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Talked to the shop on Monday. After explaining the situation they put me on hold for about 10min and when they returned they said they would reorder the parts and scheduled me to drop the Jeep off next week.
Good to hear they’re a good shop and will be taking care of you 👍🏻

Top Bottom