Rear bumper choice

I personally run the Evo D-ring mounts and nothing else. I plan to eventually go with either the Evo or GenRight tire carrier. I've only really seen a couple of rear bumpers that I've liked but haven't liked them enough to but.

Im with ya. If i get to the point i need a upgraded tire carrier, itll be a body mount anyway. So im thinking, do i really need one at all?

Im with ya. If i get to the point i need a upgraded tire carrier, itll be a body mount anyway. So im thinking, do i really need one at all?

What helped me with my decision was simply removing the factory bumper and driving around like that for a while. I really like the look of it without a bumper.

yeah I have the evo D rings. im thinking about fabbing up a fascia similar to what evo has at some point to go with it. I'll be running evo corners and tire carrier as well so i may just leave it with just the D rings as well. definately not a bad look going without the bumper and it also saves $$$ for something else!

I did the Evo d ring mount route, for the time being (the time being will last a couple years though). I think it's a good route but there are all sort of good bumpers depending on your need. EVO just came out with a rear bumper and it looks pretty good, Handson and even poison spyder are good choices.

I don't have a rear bumper, went with evo d rings, fascia, corners and carrier. Tried to save weight going bumperless

I like my AEV rear bumper and spare tire carrier quite a lot. Here's a couple shots for you:

DSCF5209.JPG DSCF5330.JPG

And here's what the spare tire and bumper do during low-speed rear-end impacts

DSCF5332.JPG

Personally I like a rear bumper--looks and protection. I have to ditch the AEV bumper because 40s will not fit so I am going with either the PSC rockbrawler II with integrated hitch or waiting on the new PSC BFH with integrated hitch.

Personally I'll be going no bumper and using the EVO D-Rings.

To me, I just don't see the point in adding a whole bunch of extra weight back there if I really don't need it.

Right now I'm bumper less but I ordered a pretty sweet rear bumper that only weighs 45lbs and is a stubby. It has hi lift jack points and light provisions. JCR Mauler. I had a fat pig of a bumper 190lbs so I'm pretty glad I dropped 150lbs

Im ok w/o a carrier for now. My 295s just squeeze on the factory one. I know eventually my end goal is 37s so im trying to work twords what ill need for that.

Top Bottom