Rear axle flex/articulation

podge

Newbie question: why is it I can find all sorts of things online about front axle flex but hardly any good info about the rear flex?? Is it not as important??? I would think it should be as those wheels hit the same terrain.. seems all 4 wheels are an important part of having the jeep body ride as straight as possible.. I need me some learnin' !! Any explanation, websites, or video reference would be greatly appreciated. I just want to learn how the jeep reacts and why, under certain circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Newbie question: why is it I can find all sorts of things online about front axle flex but hardly any good info about the rear flex?? Is it not as important??? I would think it should be as those wheels hit the same terrain.. seems all 4 wheels are an important part of having the jeep body ride as straight as possible.. I need me some learnin' !! Any explanation, websites, or video reference would be greatly appreciated. I just want to learn how the jeep reacts and why, under certain circumstances

In my experience the rear reacts almost identical to the front but with less components to worry about. Maybe that's why you don't see much about it.

Is there a more specific question you had in regards to how it reacts and why?

I don't think I have s specific question but I think if I understood the suspension better I think I could have a better idea of what my options are for various obstacles. I reckon that just comes with experience for the most part but when I'm not driving off road, I wanna learn all I can

Some of the best videos are the ones here. Check out the Moab series (or any of them for that matter) and you can see great examples of front and rear articulation. Get your popcorn ready!

Some of the best videos are the ones here. Check out the Moab series (or any of them for that matter) and you can see great examples of front and rear articulation. Get your popcorn ready!

thanks!.. will do !!

Top Bottom