Rear Amber lights

IGY6

Hey guys, I've see quite a few Jeeps and other rigs with a light bar or pod lights (some flashing and some not) at the rear of the vehicles. Lot's at KOH and other trails. I'm assuming this is for safety in dusty and low light conditions? Is it a requirement for some trails to run those lights? Any suggestions on where to get them or what lights you recommend?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you do a lot of hard and fast driving out in the desert and in groups, it can be very helpful to have a rear facing amber light to help people behind you see you in the dust. I don't think it's ever a requirement to have though and really, most people just back off a bit. That said, there are lots of amber driving lights available and you can even convert others like KC Flex ERA single lights to amber just by changing out the lens.

IGY6

If you do a lot of hard and fast driving out in the desert and in groups, it can be very helpful to have a rear facing amber light to help people behind you see you in the dust. I don't think it's ever a requirement to have though and really, most people just back off a bit. That said, there are lots of amber driving lights available and you can even convert others like KC Flex ERA single lights to amber just by changing out the lens.
That makes sense. I can see where it can be helpful in groups. Thank you!

cinnur

I have some Baja Designs amber lights I cut into my aftermarket rear bumper and they do a great service when needed.
I also have some KC lighting on other parts of my vehicle, and a great benefit of them that Baja does not offer is you can easily swap out the lense to change from white to amber.
The reason I did not use Baja for the rear bumper is because KC did not have anything that would fit for what I wanted to do with the aftermarket bumper.

Top Bottom