Re / Newbie Needs General Jeep Info Please

RK Racing

I’m looking to talk to somebody for about 10-15 minutes on the phone about what’s going on with the brand new jeeps today versus the 2010-2012 era. I’m looking to get back into the jeeps for some mild off roading in the big bear California area+ and could really use some info on the newer jeeps. Thank you Big Time, Robert 310-283-7888 any time during the week after 4 PM and anytime on the weekends, thank you again.

RK Racing

My previous jeep experience if it matters. Brand new 1984CJ7 hardtop. 2010 soft top Rubicon wrangler, 2011 soft top rubicon unlimited, 2013 soft top Rubicon wrangler. And a 2013 soft top Rubicon Unlimited. His and hers…..So I know a little bit about the older ones but I know zero about the new ones…… 1) i’m hearing a little bit about the new ones have electrical problems, is that isolated or common. 2) I believe they still make soft tops, do they still leak as bad as the 10 through 13‘s did? 3) Are dealership inventories low on jeep wranglers like the other automobile manufacture dealerships are low on inventory? There’s three questions for a start, if you answer them I’d like to say thank you very very much and I do appreciate your help, Robert.

Upvote 0

jesse3638

Hooked
I can answer one of your questions.

3) Yes dealerships are low on inventory. My local dealership is not willing to apply any special pricing due to this. They are also marking Wrangler's up $5500. They did not get my recent business despite having bought 2 other vehicles from them.

Upvote 0

RK Racing

I can answer one of your questions.

3) Yes dealerships are low on inventory. My local dealership is not willing to apply any special pricing due to this. They are also marking Wrangler's up $5500. They did not get my recent business despite having bought 2 other vehicles from them.
Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1) i’m hearing a little bit about the new ones have electrical problems, is that isolated or common.
Isolated. I own a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited a 2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon and now a 2021 JL Sport and NONE have electrical problems. None of the friends I have with a newer Jeep have them either.
2) I believe they still make soft tops, do they still leak as bad as the 10 through 13‘s did?
Any and all soft tops on any car or Jeep "can" leak. That said, I have not had any leaks on my JLUR or at least, when I was running the soft top.
3) Are dealership inventories low on jeep wranglers like the other automobile manufacture dealerships are low on inventory?
Yes, they are low and will be until the 22's start getting made.

Upvote 0

RK Racing

Isolated. I own a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited a 2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon and now a 2021 JL Sport and NONE have electrical problems. None of the friends I have with a newer Jeep have them either.

Any and all soft tops on any car or Jeep "can" leak. That said, I have not had any leaks on my JLUR or at least, when I was running the soft top.

Yes, they are low and will be until the 22's start getting made.
Thank You very much for helping me out. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom