re gear question

tre

Just wondering what prices have been quoted from shops to swap diff gears. I want to a few around me and have gotten between $500 and $750 per axle.

Voodoo Actual

Just wondering what prices have been quoted from shops to swap diff gears. I want to a few around me and have gotten between $500 and $750 per axle.

I remember about $1,000 for the front and rear being realistic. I'm sure some of the other guys will get in on this who have done this more recently.

David1tontj

Off road evolution did my brothers jk for $999.00 both axles including gears and labor.

David1tontj

Just saw you are in PA. ORE is a very good deal, I haven't seen anyone cheaper. Probably not a good enough deal to drive all the way to California!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Off road Evolution has been doing a regear special forever at $999 and that's about the best price around. When I was getting gears done I got quoted $1,500 from one shop and $2,000 from another. I had ORE do the gears and a bunch of other work at the same time, 3 years and no issues with the gears👍🏼

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I know a guy zeinople that use to do them for $250 per axle (plus parts). I'm not sure if he still has a shop or not. Check with HRJA the local jeep club they might know someone in the area.

DMF

I got my gears done by ORE last week. Got the special but I also had to purchase a carrier or Dana Spicer. Something like that because I had a D30 up front. So my price was $1200.

tre

Thanks for the replies gents, just figured out how to find my own posts. Durrrr

bowtech50

Minnesota is crazy expensive, and I wish I could find a source around here. I have been quoted $1900.00 and $2600.00

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The price really varies depending on where you live. Best deals seem to be had in so california. Nice to hear trail jeeps has similar deal for Colorado folks. Here in New Mexico you'll pay a premium for regearing, around $1600 to $1800 parts & labor. Kinda sucks but that's the way it goes

boardsurfer

The price really varies depending on where you live. Best deals seem to be had in so california. Nice to hear trail jeeps has similar deal for Colorado folks. Here in New Mexico you'll pay a premium for regearing, around $1600 to $1800 parts & labor. Kinda sucks but that's the way it goes

For an $800 difference, the drive to Golden, CO would be worth it. :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434223726.121153.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434223826.601683.jpg

A few examples of our patterns. But a nice pattern is just the beginning. We make sure that the pinion bearings have proper rolling torque and pre load.

My gear guys are perfectionists. We also use Revolution gears.

H8MUD

Globex in NJ does them for $1000 for both axles. Their located in Toms River NJ. Probably about a six hour drive for you.

Top Bottom