Rausch Creek - 08Feb2013

beans

Didn't beans mention something about this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Checked NOAA and its pretty much still too early although they said "flurries at 40%-50% likely" and didn't mention serious snow, a storm or anything as of yet. Here's what I saw so far (below), which doesn't seem too serious.

Any weather guy that has said anything about a serious storm has got to be trolling since NOAA hasn't released anything official. I wouldn't take any weather report seriously until Wed. at the earliest

Edit: used zip code 17981 from Rausch's website unless the park uses a different one. If so please let us know and we can look it up :)

weather.jpg

Last edited:

KPM171

Put me down for a maybe please :)
You got it! :thumb: The list is updated, hope you'll be able to join us.

Checked NOAA and its pretty much still too early although they said "flurries at 40%-50% likely" and didn't mention serious snow, a storm or anything as of yet. Here's what I saw so far (below), which doesn't seem too serious.

Any weather guy that has said anything about a serious storm has got to be trolling since NOAA hasn't released anything official. I wouldn't take any weather report seriously until Wed. at the earliest
I think you are spot on in that it's too soon to tell. Either way, it should be a good day of playing in the woods.

GRNHORN

I know this is bad, please don't hold it against me when we meet up this weekend. I had my CB installed just for this trip, now if I am correct it needs to be tuned some how.

Does anyone have the device to tune it and the know how that can help me out? I can purchase the device but have never done anything like this before. Would we have time before hitting the trails to do this?

Thank you
Scott (GRNHORN)

KPM171

I know this is bad, please don't hold it against me when we meet up this weekend. I had my CB installed just for this trip, now if I am correct it needs to be tuned some how.

Does anyone have the device to tune it and the know how that can help me out? I can purchase the device but have never done anything like this before. Would we have time before hitting the trails to do this?

Thank you
Scott (GRNHORN)
The device used to tune a CB antenna is an SWR meter. Someone in the group generally has one. But please don't worry too much about tuning right now. While it is good practice to have a properly tuned antenna, you should be ok in Rausch Creek with out any tuning. To be quite honest, I have used tunable antennas for 7+ years and have never bothered tuning a single one. I can pick up signals and transmit just fine for my needs.

Edit: I'm assuming you are talking about tuning your antenna. If not, please disregard.

Last edited:

1BAMFR

Thank you
Scott (GRNHORN)

Does your CB have a "squelch" knob? That will tune/adjust your CB

GRNHORN

The device used to tune a CB is an SWR meter. Someone in the group generally has one. But please don't worry too much about tuning right now. While it is good practice to have a properly tuned antenna, you should be ok in Rausch Creek with out any tuning. To be quite honest, I have used tunable antennas for 7+ years and have never bothered tuning a single one. I can pick up signals and transmit just fine for my needs.

Good, I won't worry about it then. Thank you.

Army_Vet

Banned
Yes my antenna is tunable. It has a good ground.

Ok then you need to check it with a SWR meter.

Watch this....

And the kicker is; It might be good

Many of have SWR meter's and can check it on the 8th

EDIT: First step is to not step off the bumper and twist your ankle so bad your laid up for three weeks!!!!!

Last edited:

bl17z90

Ok then you need to check it with a SWR meter.

Watch this....

And the kicker is; It might be good

Many of have SWR meter's and can check it on the 8th

True but one must be VERY careful. Men have been incapasitated trying to tune their antennas.

MikeO

GRNHORN

Thanks everyone for the information. Especially about the incapacitation, I will be extremely careful.

KPM171

Maybe Mike will chime in and tell his story

Poor Mike. Will he ever live that down? That makes me think of the Revenge of the Nerds scene where the guy broke his leg playing chess. Who breaks their leg playing chess? I hear it was a very difficult move. :cheesy:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391485072.448901.jpg

Top Bottom