Random Photos

I thought I would share.... Last weekend. This is moments after the nose settled. It was in the air and I thought she (my wife) was going over ...instead she clutched at the perfect time and as calm as ever just said, I think I'll back down now LOL. My face is fairly priceless. I think this is my on my third WHOA! (Or I crapped my pants)

1433040148817.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I would share.... Last weekend. This is moments after the nose settled. It was in the air and I thought she (my wife was going over) ...instead she clutched at the perfect time and as calm as ever just said, I think I'll back down now LOL. My face is fairly priceless. I think this is my on my third WHOA! ]
Thats awesome. Perfect timing for the pic.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I thought I would share.... Last weekend. This is moments after the nose settled. It was in the air and I thought she (my wife) was going over ...instead she clutched at the perfect time and as calm as ever just said, I think I'll back down now LOL. My face is fairly priceless. I think this is my on my third WHOA! (Or I crapped my pants)

View attachment 147288

Gotta say, those are some sweet off-road Crocs!

Wardell

Here's a pic I found that I thought was really interesting:

Jeep_in_the_Antarctic_c1947.jpg

(Source is U.S. Navy National Museum of Naval Aviation, photo No. 1986.056.001.291)

It's a Jeep that the US Navy took with them to Antarctica during Operation Highjump, taken in 1947. Since it's safe to say Jeeps would have made it to all the other continents during WWII, this shows it was the first production vehicle to have driven on all 7 continents - 16 years earlier than VW claims this for the Beetle! From the sounds of it, the handful of vehicles in Antarctica before it were either purpose built or didn't make to every other continent. Mind you, I haven't extensively researched that, so I could be proven wrong (but I doubt it).

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Saw this beast, tires look a bit small. Actually, this is how I feel when I'm driving the white jeep after driving the dozer

Attachments

• 1433560400670.jpg
    1433560400670.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 247

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Little better view. Thing had some serious stuff on it actually.

Attachments

• 1433561071390.jpg
    1433561071390.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 233
Top Bottom