Random Photos

Could have been worse....

Today I had planned on doing a solo, sight seeing, trail run. Nothing difficult, just wanted to put the jeep on some dirt after 3 1/2 months of being in storage. The day started off nice, fairly cool too for this time of year out in AZ, packed extremely light.

IMG_0417.jpg

Always cool enough for a heater...

IMG_0419.jpg

Only 45 minutes to the trail head....

IMG_0422.jpg

Going to be a great day...

IMG_0427.jpg

Only two more turns to the trail...

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Starting to air down....

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

hmmm, what is that smell? Smells like diff fluid :thinking:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Sometimes a run is not meant to be, running solo, only my spot tracker for connectivity, did damage control and returned to the house :rock: 4 years of running Dynatrac ProRock 60's and this is my first issue, not bad for the abuse I have given them, probably had more to do with sitting in storage than anything :sigh: Still great to be out, even if it was only pimping the rig on the highways.

Today I had planned on doing a solo, sight seeing, trail run. Nothing difficult, just wanted to put the jeep on some dirt after 3 1/2 months of being in storage. The day started off nice, fairly cool too for this time of year out in AZ, packed extremely light.

Sometimes a run is not meant to be, running solo, only my spot tracker for connectivity, did damage control and returned to the house :rock: 4 years of running Dynatrac ProRock 60's and this is my first issue, not bad for the abuse I have given them, probably had more to do with sitting in storage than anything :sigh: Still great to be out, even if it was only pimping the rig on the highways.

Ah man, bummer! I know how much you've been itching to get out too. :grayno:

Looks like Superior, Globe area. Beautiful. BTW, the mount for the heater beats the glove box, console, and Tuffy security box. I'll bet it puckers the cops though.:thumb:

View attachment 48901

Oh man, that sucks. You've got some diffunctional leakage out the shafts. Like you said, most likely from not being used in 3 1/2 months. ;):cheesy::cheesy:

In all seriousness, what's your early diagnosis for actual problem/repair?

Ah man, bummer! I know how much you've been itching to get out too. :grayno:

Brother, it was just awesome to be in the jeep! There are always more opportunities, look where we live, the west has no shortage of spots to discover.

Looks like Superior, Globe area. Beautiful. BTW, the mount for the heater beats the glove box, console, and Tuffy security box. I'll bet it puckers the cops though.:thumb:

You are correct, between Globe and Superior. I have not been down there in about a year and a half when we did a run with Wayoflife, Bleedbeat, Powerline Patrol and EVO1.

Reference the "heater"; running Mastercraft Baja race seats means if I chose to wear it on my belt while driving, I'm going to be in serious discomfort. The cheapass Fobus Roto-mount works great to keep the weapon secure while driving, in reach and not concealed. When the law dawg asks if I have any weapons, the answer is typically "yes", when asked if its loaded, the answer "of course"

...In all seriousness, what's your early diagnosis for actual problem/repair?

Well, it's not as simple as you would think, the carrier in the diff housing has to be removed to pull the axle shafts ;(

View attachment 48888

Always cool enough for a heater...

View attachment 48889

Only 45 minutes to the trail head....

View attachment 48890

Going to be a great day...

View attachment 48891

Only two more turns to the trail...

View attachment 48892

View attachment 48893

View attachment 48894

Starting to air down....

View attachment 48898

View attachment 48899

hmmm, what is that smell? Smells like diff fluid :thinking:

View attachment 48900

View attachment 48901

Guess its time to go back overseas.

1379109232805.jpg Why does EVERYTHING have to be bigger in Texas ? Wonder how many beers it would take to see the WAL logo?:beer:

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

You need more tire shine. Maybe that's the issue.

I wish I could say that was tire shine. Its actually WD-40, I was out of brake cleaner and I just wanted cut through the differential fluid that was coating everything. It is shiny though, so basically I approve of it. :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom