Random Photos

Primo82

Caught the Bug
If that was 'Nawlins, there would be soup tonight...and I do like a good turtle soup...

Lol, that's the first thing that came to mind.

My first experience seeing a snapping turtle I was about 8 years old and my uncles had found one after a heavy rain. It was big enough it got stuck sideways in a 55 gal trash can (bowed out the sides with his shell). Uncle stuck a old wooden broom handle in to show us kids not to screw with snapping turtles and the fucker snapped it off with it's moth like a twig.

Then the cleaned it and cooked soup. It was really damn good. Didn't realize I'd eaten turtle till after. :)

Brute

Hooked
Lol, that's the first thing that came to mind.

My first experience seeing a snapping turtle I was about 8 years old and my uncles had found one after a heavy rain. It was big enough it got stuck sideways in a 55 gal trash can (bowed out the sides with his shell). Uncle stuck a old wooden broom handle in to show us kids not to screw with snapping turtles and the fucker snapped it off with it's moth like a twig.

Then the cleaned it and cooked soup. It was really damn good. Didn't realize I'd eaten turtle till after. :)
Many years ago on a business trip to NO, were were thrown out of a place in the Quarter at 2 am (I think it was Felix's)...after a long night of libations, we decided to get a bite to eat. I ordered the turtle soup...an old lady with a blackened pot came to the table, and dropped the soup into my bowl like a high altitude bomber...not a drop went anywhere except into my bowl...amazing. They use a very dark roux to make their turtle soup, and it was fantastic. Then my buddy got into a belching contest with another patron at a different table...which ended up with both tables being tossed from the joint. I still remember that turtle soup to this day...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Many years ago on a business trip to NO, were were thrown out of a place in the Quarter at 2 am (I think it was Felix's)...after a long night of libations, we decided to get a bite to eat. I ordered the turtle soup...an old lady with a blackened pot came to the table, and dropped the soup into my bowl like a high altitude bomber...not a drop went anywhere except into my bowl...amazing. They use a very dark roux to make their turtle soup, and it was fantastic. Then my buddy got into a belching contest with another patron at a different table...which ended up with both tables being tossed from the joint. I still remember that turtle soup to this day...
Sounds like a typical night in the quarter

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Lol, sounds like you know how to leave an impression my friend! :p

Bierpower

Hooked
Somebody ran their car off the end of our parking lot here at work. They went off about a 4' ledge and down a 40' hill to the side of the road below.
PXL_20210527_193459824.jpg

Not sure what happened but a couple of the guys went to check if their was anyone in it but it was empty. The engine was still running and shifter was in drive.
PXL_20210527_192326974.jpg
Made for an eventful lunch.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Somebody ran their car off the end of our parking lot here at work. They went off about a 4' ledge and down a 40' hill to the side of the road below.
View attachment 363413

Not sure what happened but a couple of the guys went to check if their was anyone in it but it was empty. The engine was still running and shifter was in drive.
View attachment 363414
Everyone thinks they own a built jeep...

View attachment 363413

View attachment 363414
What the hell? Interesting... :unsure:

Couple nice Jeeps down there! Glad my coworkers and I know where to park as well (y)

Top Bottom