Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks great!

can you send me a link or specs you used for the flip top tool bench I spy in the back? Been wanting to make one of those as I’m cramped on space.
I didn’t use any plans. I just measured what size my planer was and threw this together after watching a couple YouTube videos. I’ll try and measure what mine is if I remember when I get home.

onlyone

Working on my 2013 GMC Yukon Mckinley XL

Added a OEM transmission pan with an added drain plug. I started with drilling a hole in the original pan, to make it a lot less messy. Not sure why you would ever try to save the pan when you can buy a OEM GM pan for $15. Lol. I originally did that until I found a company that sold the OEM with drain plug already. Replaced filter and filter seal.

Will drain and fill next month. Took exactly 6 quarts. Last thing to do is the rear diff. Already did TC, front diff and oil/filter.

The fluid was really dirty but there was very little of anything in the original pan. Even the magnet wasn’t what I was expecting after 130k. I don’t think it’s been changed but it seemed too clean for that many miles. The inside of the tranny looked brand new.

Pulled the Seat bottoms and steamed the foam. Now the seats are back to their comfy thickness. It was even tough to put the leather back on. Amazing how much steam will puff back up the foam. Need to do something with the cracked dash now. Also lubed the auto running boards. 7A0DFEC3-4F47-4C76-B9C4-EE00CB11DCFC.jpeg 6235B715-9F25-4481-8734-10FF8668E396.jpeg 9C6762B2-E52A-401F-8B85-2D3C0653B081.jpeg 67F5CDFB-429B-414E-A366-CC1A39067F42.jpeg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any tips or “rule-of-thumb” for drawer and face sizing? Every time I try to make it, they come out uneven.
Uneven as in the drawer faces don’t line up or uneven as in the drawer boxes don’t hit the slides?

For the boxes I cut the sides to length then measure my distance between the frame, subtract 1 inch for the slides and then cut the front and back to that measurement.

For the faces I just measure the distance between the opening and then cut 1/8 or 1/4 inch smaller. Then I put playing cards in the gap on one side (either the side or top/bottom) to get my gap then cut that in half so it’s equal distance between top and bottom. If that makes any sense.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Uneven as in the drawer faces don’t line up or uneven as in the drawer boxes don’t hit the slides?

For the boxes I cut the sides to length then measure my distance between the frame, subtract 1 inch for the slides and then cut the front and back to that measurement.

For the faces I just measure the distance between the opening and then cut 1/8 or 1/4 inch smaller. Then I put playing cards in the gap on one side (either the side or top/bottom) to get my gap then cut that in half so it’s equal distance between top and bottom. If that makes any sense.
Makes sense. I’ll give it a shot on the next project.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks great dude... But, I kinda want to see the phone charger too.

Is this your bed? I thought you were like 6'3", that looks like a queen
Guest bedroom and yes, queen. Phone charger is recessed under the top. Thought I had a picture but I don’t.

Top Bottom