Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
I spent the holiday weekend pulling the engine and trans out of the tow rig. Trans is on its way to Monster to be built, and the new engine is about ready to go back in.

And I decided to role the dice and give the 3/8” drive Earthquake XT battery impact a try. So far so good. We’ll see how it holds up over time.

Big project. Good luck.

I have the Earthquake 1/2" and love it. It even effortlessly crushed the crush sleeve when I did gears on our JK.

trplxj

Big project. Good luck.

I have the Earthquake 1/2" and love it. It even effortlessly crushed the crush sleeve when I did gears on our JK.

Thanks. I have too many projects going between the Jeep and this, and stuff around the house. It never ends.

Glad to hear you like your earthquake. I might buy the 1/2” one as well. They need a punch pass for Harbor Freight I’ve been in there so much lately I would have filled up a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Looks great.

Did you pressure wash or use a brightener on the deck before staining? I need to do mine

I put on Behr All-in-one deck cleaner using a roller brush, then scrubbed with a stiff bristle brush, let it set for about 15 min then sprayed off with a regular hose. That worked damn good and brightened it up pretty good. (I didn’t use a power washer because I read online that it may damage the wood?).

I then let it dry for about 24 hrs and put 2 coats of Behr Waterproof Stain & Sealer. Honestly, I didn’t overthink the process, I used stuff that was readily available at HD. I was just trying to work with the weather, in the Midwest rain is always in the forecast.

It does look a lot better.

I put on Behr All-in-one deck cleaner using a roller brush, then scrubbed with a stiff bristle brush, let it set for about 15 min then sprayed off with a regular hose. That worked damn good and brightened it up pretty good. (I didn’t use a power washer because I read online that it may damage the wood?).

I then let it dry for about 24 hrs and put 2 coats of Behr Waterproof Stain & Sealer. Honestly, I didn’t overthink the process, I used stuff that was readily available at HD. I was just trying to work with the weather, in the Midwest rain is always in the forecast.

It does look a lot better.

[emoji106][emoji106] right on

Jsouder53

Hooked
Finally made it so the chickens and turkeys can move in to their coop! It’s fully insulated and sheeted inside. Next to trim out the windows and side it. Got a ton of cedar shakes from work for free, just about a pallet full[emoji106] IMG_3763.jpg
IMG_3766.jpg I put the plywood over the windows for some sideways rain we had earlier this week, I will be building some awnings as well IMG_3774.jpg
Also I will be putting in a fenced in area this week for them to run

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Getting the yard in- order. New pergola and lights:

IMG_9274.jpg

Repurposed the old gazebo corners as yard screens:

IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9278.jpg

Now I just need to wait for the viney plants to fill them in.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Coop is looking good! Nice score on the cedar!

Thanks! It’s coming along slowly that’s for sure lol been a wet few days, so trying to find time that works in between rains can be difficult...

Getting the yard in- order. New pergola and lights

Repurposed the old gazebo corners as yard screens

Now I just need to wait for the viney plants to fill them in.

That looks great! [emoji106] great idea with the old gazebo corners

WJCO

Meme King
Getting the yard in- order. New pergola and lights:

What brand lights? Solar or 120? We're considering getting some for ours. Not sure if we'll do it this year or not. I may bug you next year to see how they're holding up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
What brand lights? Solar or 120? We're considering getting some for ours. Not sure if we'll do it this year or not. I may bug you next year to see how they're holding up.

With landscape lights, one big consideration is whether or not you want them to function all year round including when the snow on the ground. LEDs and solar don’t generate the heat that halogens generate and get covered. Halogens burn right thru the snow. Within reason of course...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Top Bottom