Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We've been working on taking out some of the trees between the house and the pond, as they're beginning to obstruct our views, and the 8000 hickory nuts on the ground every Fall are a hazard.
Here's an interesting pattern I found in one of the beechnut trees I cut down yesterday.
It's very common to see herons, eagles, ospreys, and other water-frequenting birds perched in the tops of these trees.
Nature started painting this picture long before we arrived here.

View attachment 401392

View attachment 401393
Hate those things.
Get pigs. They would love them. Wish I had those trees.

WJCO

Meme King
If you seriously have that many, I'll come get them. lol I'll pay your kids $5 a box for every box they fill.
They don't fall every year. But yes we have that many. Funny story a couple years ago, we had so many, we rolled the trash can down and filled it up. I didn't even consider the weight. I'm guessing 400-500 pounds. It took forever to get it up the hill to the street. Then my wife tells me she thinks the trash guys don't have a hydraulic lift and dump the can by hand, lol. So I waited that morning for the trash guy and met him outside. I told him the truth of what was in there and I hadn't even considered the weight and offered to help. He did have a small tilt lift on the back of the truck but his fear was the plastic on the can would blow out. He said that always happens with heavy shit that exceeds the can allowance. When he rolled the can towards the truck, his face was red, lol. Luckily the lift took it with no issues. I will not do that again.

But back to the pigs, these nuts have a soft shell around them, then a hard shell inside. Will the pigs eat all of that? The squirrels here seem to figure it out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They don't fall every year. But yes we have that many. Funny story a couple years ago, we had so many, we rolled the trash can down and filled it up. I didn't even consider the weight. I'm guessing 400-500 pounds. It took forever to get it up the hill to the street. Then my wife tells me she thinks the trash guys don't have a hydraulic lift and dump the can by hand, lol. So I waited that morning for the trash guy and met him outside. I told him the truth of what was in there and I hadn't even considered the weight and offered to help. He did have a small tilt lift on the back of the truck but his fear was the plastic on the can would blow out. He said that always happens with heavy shit that exceeds the can allowance. When he rolled the can towards the truck, his face was red, lol. Luckily the lift took it with no issues. I will not do that again.

But back to the pigs, these nuts have a soft shell around them, then a hard shell inside. Will the pigs eat all of that? The squirrels here seem to figure it out.
Yes the pigs will eat. I’m serious though, if you want to get rid of some, I’ll take them. Will probably have a gang of piglets in the fall.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes the pigs will eat. I’m serious though, if you want to get rid of some, I’ll take them. Will probably have a gang of piglets in the fall.
Sounds good. I'll let you know when they fall. We get a shit load and all they do for us is chip up mower blades and create a 'home alone micro machine' scene when the kids play in that area.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got my light duty chainsaw, a Stihl MS170 running again. After taking it apart, cleaning it out, replacing the carburetor and then taking it apart again to inspect it more closely, I found that the fuel tube was cracked right where it goes through the fuel tank. Anyway, replaced it, put everything back together again and... it runs again :)
IMG_9806.JPG
IMG_9808.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I was very hesitant to buy this little electric wood chipper fearing it wood be too weak but reviews were good. But I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Anything under about 1.5 inch diameter goes right through. Brush pile is about the size of an old Crown Vic. In about 2 hours, I got through a 3rd of it. Chips are smaller than a dime. Hard to see in photo but that's them in front of the chipper. That empty section was as tall as the wood chipper when I started.

wc (2).JPG wc (1).JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was very hesitant to buy this little electric wood chipper fearing it wood be too weak but reviews were good. But I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Anything under about 1.5 inch diameter goes right through. Brush pile is about the size of an old Crown Vic. In about 2 hours, I got through a 3rd of it. Chips are smaller than a dime. Hard to see in photo but that's them in front of the chipper. That empty section was as tall as the wood chipper when I started.

View attachment 402525 View attachment 402526
A match and some gasoline is cheaper.

Top Bottom