Random Internet Shit you've come across

WJCO

Meme King
Let's crunch the numbers-
-Badland Apex w/synthetic rope and 2 year warranty including tax and shipping: $736.45. 10% rewards if I buy it with my Harbor Freight credit card (+5% during the sale because I'm a rewards member) = $662.80
- Warn EVO 12s (made overseas) with 5 year electric and lifetime mechanical warranty including tax and shipping: $961.68. Minus $9.61 rewards if I use my Amazon card= $952.07

If I had $750 to spend today on a winch, I'd keep shopping for a Warn, even with the rewards
But wait, there's more.

Tow truck getting to a spot where most people don't go: $500-$1000.
Medical bills for treating wife and kids hypothermia: $15000.00
Divorce: $Varies.

Aceisback

Hooked
-Badland Apex w/synthetic rope and 2 year warranty including tax and shipping: $736.45. 10% rewards if I buy it with my Harbor Freight credit card (+5% during the sale because I'm a rewards member) = $662.80
- Warn EVO 12s (made overseas) with 5 year electric and lifetime mechanical warranty including tax and shipping: $961.68. Minus $9.61 rewards if I use my Amazon card= $952.07

If I had $750 to spend today on a winch, I'd keep shopping for a Warn, even with the rewards
Cool story, except the Apex is $499 with tax in Commiefornia being around $36. Then down the street I’m stopping by Chik Fil A for a frosted lemonade and a Spicy Deluxe for around $16, then going home a happy camper.👍
Just a guess but I’d say close to 0% of Apex buyers pay to have them shipped.
But yeah, they’re not for everyone.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Cool story, except the Apex is $499 with tax in Commiefornia being around $36. Then down the street I’m stopping by Chik Fil A for a frosted lemonade and a Spicy Deluxe for around $16, then going home a happy camper.👍
Just a guess but I’d say close to 0% of Apex buyers pay to have them shipped.
But yeah, they’re not for everyone.
The Apex is $499 without the 2 year extended warrantee. Normal warrantee is 90 days. Shipping is just $21.94. Winch is currently OOS and ordering online isn't giving me the option for in-store pick-up.

Bottom line: HB always compares the 1200 Apex to the Warn Zeon 12s ($1500) to make it look like a good deal. In reality, the Warn winch closest to the Apex is the EVO 12s. When you add the $164.99 2 year warrantee to the base price of the Badland Apex, you might as well spend the extra $200-$300 for the EVO 12s. Pricing in the Apex advert is mis-leading.

Sale Price: $499
2 Year Warrantee: $164.99
Subtotal: $663
Est. Utah Tax: $49.53
Total Before Shipping: $713.52

Total for Warn EVO 12s from Amazon: $961.68. Price includes a better warrantee.

I'm not trying to bust your balls. I'm just comparing real world cost for each winch.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Having a harbor freight credit card says enough about that scenario.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Only in government is this possible. Imagine this happening in a business- it wouldn’t and if by chance it did everyone involved would be fired and/or the place would be finished. In Gov it’s just another day.

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

Full story here:

Top Bottom