Random Internet Shit you've come across

Sgt_USMC

“IF YOU DON’T READ THE NEWSPAPER, YOU’RE UNINFORMED. IF YOU DO, YOU’RE MISINFORMED.” -Mark Twain
Sadly that has never been more true than right now. I have had people tell me I can ignore the political crap because of white privilege. These are the same people that cried on election night when trump won. That night solidified for me the fact that votes don’t really count because the some of the electoral college didn’t vote for the candidate that the people of their state voted for. I am a firm believer in as long as someone is obeying the law and isn’t trying to push their beliefs on anyone it’s fine. The moment they do either is when I get pissed. Not offended or butthurt, but pissed! Some of the fundamental rights we have in the US is freedom of speech, freedom of religion and being able to practice those rights without fear of persecution. Nowadays those rights are stripped away if you think differently than what the media and/or what someone else thinks. If you continue to believe what you want to believe you are persecuted for those beliefs. Our differences made this country great, but stupidity is destroying that.

Kuboske

A brief moment of old time USA, values. I know this video is a commercial, intended to sell a product. But, it is nice to see a company that isn't afraid to make a stand. Beck's Hybrids is a Indiana based, Christian family owned business. No social justice or rainbow flag B.S.
And, I was fortunate enough to have hauled some for them when they were much smaller. Back in the 1980's.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I'm more concerned with term limits than the # of political parties. IMO, a 3 or 4 party system in the United States... WITH term limits, would be more successful than the shit show currently in progress.

The problem with multiple parties is what we see in the parliamentary systems where several smaller parties form alliances and block out the larger majority party. It happens all the time in Europe. That place is even more of a shit show than America. Europe maybe pleasant for a vacation or being stationed at in the military but being a citizen there is not even close to the US. Also at this point I’m not sure term limits would really make a difference at all as a huge part of the problem are the unelected deep staters who cannot be fired. Remember all the executive branch members who fought against the Chief Executive? Yeah, they resisted their fricking boss President Trump. Do you think it that would change? Also remember the Tea Party politicians that went bad once they got to DC? Yeah, spend some time in DC and you’ll understand the rot and how infective it is.

IMHO nothing I’d going to get better until the power and scope of the federal Gov is reduced and power is returned to the state. This will only happen when you cut off their $$. Namely the repeal of the 16th amendment. As long as the states send their $$ to the feds nothing will change. As long as they have our $$ the feds will tell us how many gallons of water our toilets flush, how many miles per gallon our cars get, the output of lightbulbs, what your kids eat and study in school….on and on and on.

Another thing that would help is repealing the 17th Amendment. If you don’t know what that is you should. Liz Cheney is a perfect example of that. Most of her $$ and support comes from outside of WY, actually California. Prior to the 17th, federal senators were beholden to the state legislatures. The House of Representatives was a direct representation of the citizens of the state and the senators represented the states themselves. Each state legislature could recall its senators at any time.

Our current situation is the product of many, many years of erosion and ignorance. That shit will NOT be solved by a simple or quick fix. Since the dawn of time there have been individuals trying to subjugate their fellow humans, the self determination we have in America is an anomaly.

Think about it, a person will walk into a Quickie Mart and kill another human for a six-pack of beer and $38. Imagine what people would do for control of trillions of dollars?

I am not trying to be Mr Doom, however we need to be realistic about what needs to be done and we need not throw out the baby with the bath water. In other words don’t trade your Jeep for a Bronco because it needs a tune up! 😉

Top Bottom