Random Internet Shit you've come across

sm31

Sheโ€™s a fucking idiot. Why the fuck would we even send athletes to that shithole country anyway. Guess itโ€™s to keep our daddy, Mr China, happy.

I wrestle with this one... On the one hand, I totally agree that the place is the worst kind of shithole.

But on the other hand, our athletes just want to compete. The 1980 boycott was mainly just empty political maneuvering by a bunch of DC fat cats. Meanwhile, several hundred American athletes who had spent the better part of their entire lives training & sacrificing everything were left totally f*cked. In the end, not much happened except to put the screws to our own athletes.

So rather than pull this boycott bullshit that seems to be popular with Democrats (they also want to f*ck women's sports by allowing men to compete with them so I guess it's understandable), why not play their political cards when the IOC names the host country... about 10 years prior to the upcoming event.

Brute

Hooked
I wrestle with this one... On the one hand, I totally agree that the place is the worst kind of shithole.

But on the other hand, our athletes just want to compete. The 1980 boycott was mainly just empty political maneuvering by a bunch of DC fat cats. Meanwhile, several hundred American athletes who had spent the better part of their entire lives training & sacrificing everything were left totally f*cked. In the end, not much happened except to put the screws to our own athletes.

So rather than pull this boycott bullshit that seems to be popular with Democrats (they also want to f*ck women's sports by allowing men to compete with them so I guess it's understandable), why not play their political cards when the IOC names the host country... about 10 years prior to the upcoming event.
The 1980 boycott of the summer games in Moscow was a complete waste of time...I remember this particular athlete, from South Africa who was a javelin thrower considered one of the best in the world and would have medaled in 1976 except South Africa was banned from the Olympics at the time due to apartheid practices of the country...he emigrated to the United States and makes the US track team heading to the summer games in 1980...Jimmy Carter announced the boycott of the games in Moscow due to their invasion of Afghanistan, so he missed another Olympics. When the next summer games in 1984 was held in Los Angeles, he was an usher showing people to their seats...he was too old to compete any longer at that level...

sm31

The 1980 boycott of the summer games in Moscow was a complete waste of time...I remember this particular athlete, from South Africa who was a javelin thrower considered one of the best in the world and would have medaled in 1976 except South Africa was banned from the Olympics at the time due to apartheid practices of the country...he emigrated to the United States and makes the US track team heading to the summer games in 1980...Jimmy Carter announced the boycott of the games in Moscow due to their invasion of Afghanistan, so he missed another Olympics. When the next summer games in 1984 was held in Los Angeles, he was an usher showing people to their seats...he was too old to compete any longer at that level...
I plan on watching and supporting this Olympics as much as possible (for the sake of the athletes if nothing else), and simultaneously using the opportunity to educate my kids about China's human rights violations.

Top Bottom