Radiator leak…

rich67

Caught the Bug
I noticed some coolant on the driveway the other day. Jeep was parked for about 15 hours. I saw a small drop of coolant coming from the corner where the black plastic meets the aluminum. It’s been really hot out, and my coolant reservoir went down in level since I last filled it by about two inches. Cracked radiator? Temp is fine during driving, and the leak itself is intermittent. Only shows up when the Jeep has been sitting for a while then stops, doesn’t happen for a week, then comes back. Any ideas?? IMG_3170.jpeg IMG_3171.jpeg

JT@623

Hooked
I noticed some coolant on the driveway the other day. Jeep was parked for about 15 hours. I saw a small drop of coolant coming from the corner where the black plastic meets the aluminum. It’s been really hot out, and my coolant reservoir went down in level since I last filled it by about two inches. Cracked radiator? Temp is fine during driving, and the leak itself is intermittent. Only shows up when the Jeep has been sitting for a while then stops, doesn’t happen for a week, then comes back. Any ideas?? View attachment 395060 View attachment 395059
My guess it’s sealing up as it expands usually means where the seals meet the tanks are starting to fail. How many miles are on it ?

rich67

Caught the Bug
This Jeep has been pretty good. I’m still on the original clutch and I towed a 3000 pound camper around the country for a year. Along with a Jeep full of gear, two mountain bikes and a rooftop storage box. I can’t complain.

jeeeep

Hooked
That corner is a known leak spot. My two door leaked like that for years and I never bothered fixing it. If you want to fix it I would go with another factory.
This ^

it's a common failure point, go with factory if you want to replace it.

I've got friends that have used all aluminum radiators and ultimately replaced them with mopar.

J. Dub

This ^

it's a common failure point, go with factory if you want to replace it.

I've got friends that have used all aluminum radiators and ultimately replaced them with mopar.
Dang, I cannot find one single good aftermarket aluminum radiator.
How do the V8 swap guys do it but us 3.6L engine guys can't get a decent radiator?

Bierpower

Hooked
Dang, I cannot find one single good aftermarket aluminum radiator.
How do the V8 swap guys do it but us 3.6L engine guys can't get a decent radiator?
The V8 swaps still have all the same problems with the fabbed aluminum radiators, they just don't get the choice to buy a factory one.

Top Bottom