Radiator drip- now what

zimm

Caught the Bug
So I've been getting random pink antifreeze drip/drops on my garage floor. I checked all over and I'm getting a drip from the lower driver's side radiator tank. I did a search and of course I'm far from the only one. I'm out of warranty. Should I get a crown replacement or up the ante and get a fabricated aluminum job? If so, who makes a good one for the 3.6?

Edit- how disappointing. Of all the aftermarket crap for JK's, it seems the best option is a rock auto Spectrum $87 replacement. Bummer.

Last edited:
So I've been getting random pink antifreeze drip/drops on my garage floor. I checked all over and I'm getting a drip from the lower driver's side radiator tank. I did a search and of course I'm far from the only one. I'm out of warranty. Should I get a crown replacement or up the ante and get a fabricated aluminum job? If so, who makes a good one for the 3.6?

I just did the radiator in mine. I went with a OEM style replacement, for about $100 shipped. I didn't feel it was necessary to get a full aluminum, as it's going to work the same as the OEM style.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, just ordered the Spectrum for $101 shipped. 42k miles on a stock radiator is B.S. I read through the moshimoto or whatever those are called, and apparently JK's get so much frame twist that the aftermarket aluminum jobs can't handle the tweaking.

Actually, there might be a solution. When we were still using Pentastar fans on the LS swaps, Robbie made a mount that worked in the the same slots as factory reservoir but used an aluminum tank. We’ve since switched to the Camaro fans and use a different mount. I don’t know if I have one laying around but you could call MoTech and ask them. I can almost guarantee you they have them and the tanks.

Disregard. For some reason I read that as the overflow reservoir.

Yup, just ordered the Spectrum for $101 shipped. 42k miles on a stock radiator is B.S. I read through the moshimoto or whatever those are called, and apparently JK's get so much frame twist that the aftermarket aluminum jobs can't handle the tweaking.

[emoji23][emoji23] I had just under 40k when mine started to actually leak. I could smell the start for some time but never got a drip. Hopefully this one last longer.

IMG_4632.JPG
The last time the Grand was in for an oil change the dealer told me the radiator was spewing coolant and it would be $1000 to replace it. I said it wasn’t spewing when I dropped it off so just change the oil, this is what I found when I got back home

Top Bottom