Quitting Smoking

RCVRY

Success!! But fuckme it’s only 15:00 my time.

I started drinking early thinking that may help.

Yeah...no. I’m okay. Not needing to smoke. I’m not wheezing when I breathe which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Dude I'm with ya on this one. Being in a place where over half the people in my squadron dip of course I picked it up and the longer and longer I go I can't help but have that thought I really need to stop. Crazy how much that shit can control your life. And as stated above the money really adds up. Who knows I could have a Jeep on FF axles and 40s if I stashed the money I spit into a bottle every day. I wish you the best of luck on this journey it really is the best thing for ya.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Juul?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ugh, please no - there's enough irritating millennials out there emitting clouds of foul smelling vapor to last us all a lifetime. I'd like to carry a bottle of old cologne around and spray it in front of them so they could walk through that cloud.

And you're still hooked on the nicotine. Best to go cold turkey and be done with it. :twocents:

Ugh, please no - there's enough irritating millennials out there emitting clouds of foul smelling vapor to last us all a lifetime. I'd like to carry a bottle of old cologne around and spray it in front of them so they could walk through that cloud.

And you're still hooked on the nicotine. Best to go cold turkey and be done with it. :twocents:

There’s a difference between using a product designed to replace cigarettes and a bun top releasing a cloud of bubblicious unicorn fart. If it takes an extra step to keep the nicotine in your system before you can stop completely, why the hell not.

Ddays

Hooked
There’s a difference between using a product designed to replace cigarettes and a bun top releasing a cloud of bubblicious unicorn fart. If it takes an extra step to keep the nicotine in your system before you can stop completely, why the hell not.

No doubt, it may help some folks to kick the habit. You know the old saying: "Quitting smoking/chewing is the easiest thing to do, I've done it a thousand times". I tried the replacements to Copenhagen: That shit made out of mint leaves, Jerky Chew, & whatever else was out several years ago. But all it did was remind me of what I really wanted, so I would stop at the store and get a can, put a big dip in and throw the rest away. Then the next morning I was buying another can. Vicious cycle. For me quitting cold turkey and getting over it was the only way I could get off the shit.

For sure it's miserable as hell, but once you get off of it, man, it feels great to have kicked the habit. It;s amazing how you let it control your life.

Coop

Caught the Bug
This is the toughest time and it takes sheer will power! Like removing and mounting a new front axle in 90 degree weather. Just gotta do it!
Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gbint

I became an expert at trying to quit. Tried so many times. I smoked fo 25 years up to 2 packs a day. Then the patch came along. Used it for 12 weeks. Haven’t smoked for 25 years. Never miss it.

RCVRY

I became an expert at trying to quit. Tried so many times. I smoked fo 25 years up to 2 packs a day. Then the patch came along. Used it for 12 weeks. Haven’t smoked for 25 years. Never miss it.

Yeah I’m with you. I’ve had people see me light up and say “I thought you quit?”

I always respond “Which time?”

jorgelrod

Hooked
My wife was a smoker when we met, when we got more serious and she moved in, she would go to the garage to smoke and when my kid was staying with us she would drive out to smoke so she didn't do it in front of my son. When we planned a trip to Disney World with him and my folks she decided to quit before the trip, that was four years ago. I still remember hugging her as she cried herself to sleep for a few weeks right after she stopped...

Best thing you can do man, it's not easy, but it can be done...

pop2tu

I smoked for 20 years. Gave it up 12 years ago. Something that helped me from time to time in the first couple months was, anytime I would get an urge to light up, I would tell myself “ I am a non smoker” say it about 3 or 4 times wait a couple of minutes. The urge will be gone. I learned it at a smoking cessation class. It really helped me. Good luck you can do this.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I smoked for 20 years. Gave it up 12 years ago. Something that helped me from time to time in the first couple months was, anytime I would get an urge to light up, I would tell myself “ I am a non smoker” say it about 3 or 4 times wait a couple of minutes. The urge will be gone. I learned it at a smoking cessation class. It really helped me. Good luck you can do this.

I am a non smoker... I am a non smoker... I am a non smoker....

(poof)
IMG_0934.JPG

.... Ahh Fuck.

Top Bottom