Tuner: Superchips Flashpaq

Gears: 4.88's with master install kits and a new 3.73+ front diff carrier

Rear Bumper: Smittybilt XRC with tire carrier

Front Bumper: Smittybilt SRC Stinger

Winch: Smittybilt XRC10

Lights: (to be determined)

Wheels: 17x9 ATX slabs

Exhaust: (to be determined)

Fenders: (to be determined, might go SB, might cut)

Shocks: FoX 2.0 remote reservoir's

Let me know what you guys think! Oh, and I'm getting a deal on the Smittybilt products from my shop back home, was too good to pass up lol.

I'd also like to run Toyo's instead of Nitto's, though I'd like to purchase from DTD but they don't seem to carry Toyo's anymore :grayno:

If you are dead set on the Smittybilt then thats ok but you might want to look at different products mainly the winch as it is made with over seas parts that are subpar! Also if you ar not running hard and fast the fox 2.0s alon are nice. This would save you a little $$ as well! I also have adams drive shafts and love them so far, get the upgraded joints!

Alright here goes!

Armor: EVO Protek skid system

Driveshafts: Adams 1310 front/rear (if you plan to ever go 37's or a PR44 get the 1350 now, save cash in the long run)

Lift: EVO Enforcer (3 or 4" haven't decided yet..) with currie R-UCA's (2 Door get the 3", 4 do get the 4". Once you have flat fenders 35" inch tires and 4" lift will look funky)

Tires:35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Gears: 4.88's with master install kits and a new 3.73+ front diff carrier (5.13's front and rear especially if you want to run 37"s in the future, do a rear carrier like an ARB now, one locker is better than none)

Rear Bumper: Smittybilt XRC with tire carrier

Winch: Smittybilt XRC10 (look into an ARB with air, might cost some now but will pay off in the end)

Shocks: FoX 2.0 remote reservoir's (rancho 9000's are much cheaper and adjustable, plus offer a quality ride)

Let me know what you guys think! Oh, and I'm getting a deal on the Smittybilt products from my shop back home, was too good to pass up lol.

I'd also like to run Toyo's instead of Nitto's, though I'd like to purchase from DTD but they don't seem to carry Toyo's anymore :grayno:

Added comments next to your list.
Side note I think DTD will order Toyo's, they just dont stock them.
Side note 2, it took me longer to tape off and decide on angles and lines to cut my fender then to actually do it.

Alright here goes!

Armor: EVO Protek skid system - get only the skids you need, the stock skids are pretty strong

Driveshafts: Adams 1310 front/rear be sure to ask for Spicer joints and full circle clips

Lift: EVO Enforcer (3 or 4" haven't decided yet..) with currie R-UCA's

Tires:35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Gears: 4.88's with master install kits and a new 3.73+ front diff carrier

Rear Bumper: Smittybilt XRC with tire carrier - I'd hold on the rear bumper, I've been carrying my 35 on the stock for last 3 yrs no issues - just make sure it's tight against the tailgate bumpstops, unless the pricing is really good

Winch: Smittybilt XRC10 I don't have this winch but have friends that do, I've only seen one that had to have warranty work after a couple of uses.

Shocks: FoX 2.0 remote reservoir's

my comments in bold above --- have fun building!

Thank you everyone that posted up comments so far!

I know SB products aren't the most ideal, but I'm getting a nice deal on the stuff.

Ho'kay!

So I've decided I'm going with a set of the Rancho 9000XL's instead of the FoX, everyone seems to have nothing but great things to say about the 9000's.

Going to get just the trans skid and the oil-pan skid from the ProTek system.

Holding off on lights, exhaust, and I'm going to cut the fenders myself.

If I want to get Toyo's through DTD I'd have to order from a local shop, can't get them online, but I can order the Nitto's online.

All in all, when crunching the numbers it should come out to around 8950 for all my parts shipped, not too shabby as I wanted to keep it under 9 so that I'll have enough to cover the install and the purchase of other essentials like recovery gear.

Ho'kay!

So I've decided I'm going with a set of the Rancho 9000XL's instead of the FoX, everyone seems to have nothing but great things to say about the 9000's.

Going to get just the trans skid and the oil-pan skid from the ProTek system.

Holding off on lights, exhaust, and I'm going to cut the fenders myself.

If I want to get Toyo's through DTD I'd have to order from a local shop, can't get them online, but I can order the Nitto's online.

All in all, when crunching the numbers it should come out to around 8950 for all my parts shipped, not too shabby as I wanted to keep it under 9 so that I'll have enough to cover the install and the purchase of other essentials like recovery gear.

Save some and do the install yourself minus the tires. Shocks are super easy. Project-JK and even WAL has DIY write ups that are easy to follow. What better way to get to know your Jeep than to wrench on it.

JMHO/
Will

I'm pretty sure the D44 carrier breaks at 3.73 also, so if you have 3.21s you're going to need carriers for both diffs.

You can keep the stock carrier if you order thick gears instead of regular cut gears.
Edit- dana 44 only
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm pretty sure the D44 carrier breaks at 3.73 also, so if you have 3.21s you're going to need carriers for both diffs.

Really? From the little bits of information I could find about it everyone just mentions getting a new carrier for the D30 in the front..

You can keep the stock carrier if you order thick gears instead of regular cut gears.
Edit- dana 44 only

How/where would you order thicker gears from? How would you tell that the ones you're getting are thicker?

Save some and do the install yourself minus the tires. Shocks are super easy. Project-JK and even WAL has DIY write ups that are easy to follow. What better way to get to know your Jeep than to wrench on it.

JMHO/
Will

Would if I could. When I get back to the States I'll be living with a friend until I move. Won't have the space or tools to do anything major, even cutting the fenders is going to be a challenge.

How/where would you order thicker gears from? How would you tell that the ones you're getting are thicker?

They are called Thick Gears, whoever you order the gears from 'should' know what you are referring to, or else hang up :doh: :D
mention Dana 44 3.73 down carrier or Dana 44 stock carrier.

They are called Thick Gears, whoever you order the gears from 'should' know what you are referring to, or else hang up :doh: :D
mention Dana 44 3.73 down carrier or Dana 44 stock carrier.

So I just read up on it again and it looks like you only need to buy a new front carrier for the D30, if reagearing from 3.21's. From what I can tell is that the gears that originally come stock in the rear D44's are "thick-cut" allowing the carrier to pretty much fit most other sizes without issues. Maybe noroad can tell if he had to replace both front and rear carriers? I believe he re-geared from 3.21's.

Really? From the little bits of information I could find about it everyone just mentions getting a new carrier for the D30 in the front..

I appear to be stuck in TJ-land. The JK 44 does use the thick gears - I guess they call it the D44 8.9 or HD. Sorry for the bum-steer.

Hate to bust your balls twice ^ but I had thick gears in my tj dana 44 :)

I appear to be stuck in TJ-land. The JK 44 does use the thick gears - I guess they call it the D44 8.9 or HD. Sorry for the bum-steer.

Haha, no big! I'm going to try and send my VIN over to JEEP and see if they can email me a build sheet, I may not even need the carrier. Sucks buying parts for something that you can't just walk outside and take exact measurements of :doh:

Hate to bust your balls twice ^ but I had thick gears in my tj dana 44 :)

But it didn't ship that way did it? Mine had 4.10s in it as well, but I remember guys getting junkyard Rodeo gears (the thick cut) when they were regearing.

No, it had 3.73 and then I got 4.88 thick cut - I thought you were saying that the tj 44 didn't have thick gear options, sorry

Well Jeep emailed my build sheet today and it's just as I feared... 3.21's :doh:

Least I know what I need now!

Well Jeep emailed my build sheet today and it's just as I feared... 3.21's :doh:

Least I know what I need now!

It really isnt that bad lol, i ran 37s on 3.21s for almost a year and wheeled it! The new carrier is about $125 to $150!

It really isnt that bad lol, i ran 37s on 3.21s for almost a year and wheeled it! The new carrier is about $125 to $150!

Yeah I found an open 3.73+ carrier on 4WS.com for like 89 bucks. Just have to re-use my spider gears.

Top Bottom