Questions for 33's out there. If any left.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I thought they rode very well, far better than stock. The kit gave me 2.5-3" of lift.

Were they stiffer or softer than stock in your opinion? Im going back and forth deciding between the MD and HD springs, afraid the HD springs may be too stiff of a ride.

Atch

Were they stiffer or softer than stock in your opinion? Im going back and forth deciding between the MD and HD springs, afraid the HD springs may be too stiff of a ride.

They may have been slightly stiffer than stock. I'd recommend the HD if you plan to run aftermarket bumpers & armor, I lost a little lift after all the weight I'm sure the MD would really sag.

Which jk are you wanting to install it on?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
They may have been slightly stiffer than stock. I'd recommend the HD if you plan to run aftermarket bumpers & armor, I lost a little lift after all the weight I'm sure the MD would really sag.

Which jk are you wanting to install it on?

I'm planning on using them on the JKU. A will be doing sliders, front bumper and something like the EVO rear bumper fascia with D ring mounts, so not too much weight. Looking at around 90lbs of sliders and 75 lbs of bumper. Id like to stay at 2"-2.5" max to avoid changing out other components.

bman198

I don't have any pics on my phone but if your gonna do it do it right. I have 33's on my '11 JK. Great tires and they do the job when off-roading as well as on the road. But 35's fill out the car more and give it a better look in my personal opinion. Yes you have to re-gear but in the end I think it is worth it.

Dbathke

33's with Procomp 2.5 lift

I have had a 2.5 procomp lift and 33's for awhile now and I think its been a great compromise for a Daily Driver who wheels a couple times a month. Since I don't do a lot of Rock Crawling its been more than sufficient to handle what I have encountered here in the Pacific Northwest. Since you mentioned that Rock Crawling isnt one of your priorities for your Jeep, I think you will be well served and your Gas mileage wont suffer nearly as much. I have managed to get back into the 19 - 20 MPH range with my 2013 JKU although that is likely to drop again when I get my new Bumpers and Winch here in a few weeks.

One of the Beauties of building out your own Jeep to suit YOUR purposes is that you can make informed decisions to ensure that your Jeep meets your needs, not someone else. A buddy of mine has a 4 inch Lift, new axles, drive-shafts, HEAVY Bumpers and armor yet he rarely goes wheeling. As a result, his Jeep is harder to manage on the highways, gets 13 MPH on a good day and as a result he isnt as happy with his Jeep.

Build the Jeep to server YOUR functional purposes, not the guy who wheels every day and is ready for the Zombie Apocalypse :)
Yeah I rambles, no coffee yet LOL
:crazyeyes:

Aeraun

3" EVO Enforcer with Bilstein 5100s on 33" Nitto TGs around 17" Pro Comp series 7069.

1391882295280.jpg
1391882457192.jpg
1391882492004.jpg

As suggested, look into JKmadness' rig, has TF 2.5 with Bilsteins on 33" TGs. I suggest going with that set up. He does a lot of beach stuff and crawler at Rausch Creek. The TGs can do anything.

The Force will be with you.... always

MrHooah04

Here ya go..285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STTs with TF 2.5" coil lift.

Note: I had the 33s before the lift (mud pic)..after I threw the TF on I wish I had gone with 35s..the 33s don't look proportional, IMHO.

Also, since I have metrics on my 16" rims they actually measure out to roughly 32"

Let me know if you would like anymore pics!

Attachments

• image-2240058301.jpg
    image-2240058301.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2997300924.jpg
    image-2997300924.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image-2370212196.jpg
    image-2370212196.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom