Questions about Ordering Axles

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I think I'm going to go with the Dynatrac Axles. There are options I'd like to know more about if anyone can enlighten me

Planning to run either 40" or 42" Trail Graps

axle width: 72" or 73.5" ?

Lockers: ARB Air, Eaton Elocker4, Auburn ECTED Max ?

Gear Ratio: 4.88 - 5:13 - 5:38 ??

Rear Sway: Do I want an aftermarket sway bar or keep factory?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'm going to go with the Dynatrac Axles. There are options I'd like to know more about if anyone can enlighten me

Planning to run either 40" or 42" Trail Graps

axle width: 72" or 73.5" ?

Lockers: ARB Air, Eaton Elocker4, Auburn ECTED Max ?

Gear Ratio: 4.88 - 5:13 - 5:38 ??

Rear Sway: Do I want an aftermarket sway bar or keep factory?
Unless you're planning on running double throw downs, there is no need to go so wide.

Based on personal experience running a PR60 and PR80 rear, I would recommend against ARB. They work well and are strong but leak from the seal INSIDE the locker and it's annoying as hell. Totally sucks to replace too and the fix doesn't last long. I am now running a UD60 on my Gladiator and with e-lockers and I've been pretty happy with them.

5.38 is what you would want with 40's. With 42s I would run a higher ratio if one were made.

Me personally, keep the factory rear sway bar. It will NOT limit your flex.

Arb’s are great but I’ve had airlines get Brittle and break and melt from exhaust heat. seals go out and oil leaks out of the lines into the jeep. When I order axles for my 392 I will be doing e-lockers for sure.

JimLee

Hooked
It took 9 months to get my Dynatracs during the pandemic insanity. Not sure if that lead time has gone up or down since, all others were close to the same at the time unless you wanted a crate ultimate Dana from someplace like Northridge 4x4. I chose the wait. It took even longer to get King coilovers. The wait isn't so bad once it's over, I just kept making plans and buying more shit to do everything at once.

We are excited to now be an official direct dealer for Dynatrac and just added all of their products to our website. The JL 60's come in a 68.5" or 72.5" width. Don't think they are doing custom lengths to go wider but could check for you. I know Currie stopped ALL custom axles to catch up on production. It does seem the ELockers are the way to go but recall Dynatrac mentioning an issue with supplies on them but can find out for you.

I'm hoping wait times are getting better and was told it is faster for us being direct and not going through a third party.

Dale72

Hooked
I'm curious if King has caught their production up?
I don't know about the Co's. But when I ordered the front bypass shocks for mine, O.R.E said that they had the none adjustable bypass shocks in stock, but the adjustable bypass shocks were still taking about 8 weeks to get. That was back in July

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Hell yeah! I like your style. Retired, putting around the back country and going all out! Well done, Sir.

Great choice on the Dynatracs. Not only are they great axles, but the guys there are great too. My XD60 knuckles were affected by a recall and they shipped out the replacements right quick and made the process so simple.

Top Bottom