Quarantine Trailer Project

bkac

Caught the Bug
Nice work it looks amazing so far. I love a good project.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JordanHaskin

Trailer is starting to come together. In Canada, well Ontario it’s easy to register a trailer. You walk in and say I built a trailer and need to register it. They ask you weight and colour, pay like $40 for lifetime plates and you leave. Then you engrave the VIN somewhere on the frame where you can’t see without looking for it and you’re done.

Brute

Hooked
I think they give you a VIN plate/plaque that you have to put on the tongue. I had done the research at one point too and it seems pretty easy. Well, maybe harder with the rona and the DMV closed for 8 weeks. Lol

Back in the day when we built our own boat trailers, we had to get it weighed first on a certified scale, then apply for a title

dustinfromohio

Back in the day when we built our own boat trailers, we had to get it weighed first on a certified scale, then apply for a title

Ohio’s the same way except no title. Weight slip, pay the fee and it’s registered. Convenient but leads to a decent amount of trailer thefts.

jdofmemi

This edit feature really makes me mad sometimes.

The only thing I have ever been able to do in edit is delete the whole post. Now I know, so I copy the whole thing, delete it, and start fresh by pasting what I had and then fixing it.

What really sucked is the times before I knew that and had a half of a book post and it disappeared 😭

Bierpower

Hooked
The only thing I have ever been able to do in edit is delete the whole post. Now I know, so I copy the whole thing, delete it, and start fresh by pasting what I had and then fixing it.

What really sucked is the times before I knew that and had a half of a book post and it disappeared [emoji24]
Kinda what happened here. I made a comment, fact checked and then went to add the info and erased the original post. At that point the added info made no sense so I just said F it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Had a couple spare minutes this weekend so I got the lid hinges burned on and the floor steel cut and tacked in. Nice to finally makes some more progress even if just a little.

IMG_7470.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
A little more progress tonight. Front panel steel cut and welded on and lid steel cut and almost done welding. I desperately need to get a new drill index. It was a workout drilling all those holes.

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
All the skin is on except for the tailgate which I have yet to build. Started working on the fenders tonight. Got the basic frame built. Gonna add some steel to each side of the fender for a step.

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

Also broke in my new Evolution saw. This thing is pretty badass. I’ve always used abrasive wheels and this is so much better.

IMG_7582.jpg

Once the fenders are complete, I’ll start on the tailgate and then wiring. That way I can get it registered. Coming along but pretty slow. Such is life I guess.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Got a little time to work on the trailer this weekend. Fenders and steps skinned and welded out. Installed lights and wiring. Installed latches for the lid. Built and skinned tailgate. Started to cap out the open tubing ends. Need to call this week and set an appt to get it registered. Wonder if the DMV is even taking appts. This week I’ll order the tailgate latches and stabilizing/leveling jacks.

IMG_7737.jpg

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7735.jpg

IMG_7734.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thats Cool!! Are you going to install a Roof Top Tent, Battery, Fridge, Propane etc... or just keep it simple for storage?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thats Cool!! Are you going to install a Roof Top Tent, Battery, Fridge, Propane etc... or just keep it simple for storage?

Thanks and yes, all the above eventually. Also a tank and water heater so the wife can have hot showers as well. It also those things will just kind of get done in due time. The main thing is the extra room so our family of 4 and 2 dogs can get out camping comfortably.

Brute

Hooked
Looking good brah...I'm getting ready to drag out the trailer and do some road trips...lmk when you want to do a trip after you do a family shake down...camping/fishing thang?....

CalSgt

Hooked
Got a little time to work on the trailer this weekend. Fenders and steps skinned and welded out. Installed lights and wiring. Installed latches for the lid. Built and skinned tailgate. Started to cap out the open tubing ends. Need to call this week and set an appt to get it registered. Wonder if the DMV is even taking appts. This week I’ll order the tailgate latches and stabilizing/leveling jacks.

Thats looking great...

My local DMV is not open for VIN issuance, I made an appointment with the local CHP office. Once you have the VIN DMV should be able to do the rest.

I had to cancel my CHP appointment yesterday due to being quarantined, I should have had the final touches done on my trailer this weekend if not for possibly having the RONA.

Top Bottom