Quadratec winch

So, I talked to Trail Jeeps today they they recommended the vr10000 over the m8000. Is that just a matter of opinion or is the VR better? Isn't it made in China and less reliable?

They could be looking at weight of your vehicle. If you have a heavy 4 door a 10000 is safer. The 8000 tho would be just fine as long as you use a snatch block.

They could be looking at weight of your vehicle. If you have a heavy 4 door a 10000 is safer. The 8000 tho would be just fine as long as you use a snatch block.

I just have a 2 door, but that's an easy assertion. Is the VR an better winch than the M?

I just have a 2 door, but that's an easy assertion. Is the VR an better winch than the M?

No the m is better just because it's American made over the Chinese made VR. Being you have a 2 door the 8000 is more than enough.

I have the quadratec 9500i with synthetic cable. I have used it on several occasions to pull everything from full size pick ups to little Rzr's and it has always impressed me. However when I purchased it I was unaware of the m8000. I'm my opinion with it being priced reasonably I would rather have American made quality.

Ok, maybe a stupid question but please bare with me. I found a winch, 9.5ti with synthetic line, on craigslist. The seller says it's probably 8-9 yrs old and was only used twice within those 8-9 yrs. If the winch line isn't UV damaged or frayed is $500 a decent deal? I've never bought a winch before, but I know to bring jumper cables to test the function of the winch. Anything else I should be looking for??

Ok, maybe a stupid question but please bare with me. I found a winch, 9.5ti with synthetic line, on craigslist. The seller says it's probably 8-9 yrs old and was only used twice within those 8-9 yrs. If the winch line isn't UV damaged or frayed is $500 a decent deal? I've never bought a winch before, but I know to bring jumper cables to test the function of the winch. Anything else I should be looking for??

Just look for cracks and rust, etc. If it works, you should be good.

no...............

Do you think I should just pass? Or should I attempt a lower price??

Edit: So the seller came back at $600 firm. I know I can get an M8000 for cheaper, so the question to be asked is this, WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Last edited:
Top Bottom