Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Pretty sure there were no major changes by the previous two owners but to be sure I have to pull the diff covers, is this correct?

actually no that calculator i gave you can help you figure out what ratio you have you just need to go at a set speed 45 works in 4th gear which is 1:1 in hi range and get a rpm reading on your engine and then you can calculate mileage off of that :thumb:

actually no that calculator i gave you can help you figure out what ratio you have you just need to go at a set speed 45 works in 4th gear which is 1:1 in hi range and get a rpm reading on your engine and then you can calculate mileage off of that :thumb:

Cool. I didn't look at if that well, I'll check it out tomorrow and figure if out

Cool. I didn't look at if that well, I'll check it out tomorrow and figure if out

There's always the good ol' "lift one rear tire, spin the wheel exactly one time around (valve stem is a good indicator) and count how many times the pinion yoke turns" method! :yup: Don't forget to put the transfer case in neutral.

There's a catch here, though. If you have an open diff, then you have to multiply the pinion turns by TWO. (Remember how if you lift the axle on a open diff and turn one wheel, the other wheel turns in the OPPOSITE direction??)

If you have a locking diff that you can somehow engage with the transfer case in neutral (like an air locker) or a limited slip (where both wheels turn the SAME direction when you lift the axle and turn ONE wheel), then you don't need the multiplying step...but you do have to lift BOTH wheels off the ground :)

Make sense??

There's always the good ol' "lift one rear tire, spin the wheel exactly one time around (valve stem is a good indicator) and count how many times the pinion yoke turns" method! :yup: Don't forget to put the transfer case in neutral.

There's a catch here, though. If you have an open diff, then you have to multiply the pinion turns by TWO. (Remember how if you lift the axle on a open diff and turn one wheel, the other wheel turns in the OPPOSITE direction??)

If you have a locking diff that you can somehow engage with the transfer case in neutral (like an air locker) or a limited slip (where both wheels turn the SAME direction when you lift the axle and turn ONE wheel), then you don't need the multiplying step...but you do have to lift BOTH wheels off the ground :)

Make sense??

^^^ thats good stuff right there! :thumb:

Sad sad day today...

Turns out duct tape can't be used to fix EVERYTHING.... :D
1392055718322.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Make sense??

Makes sense. I have a locker bypass relay wired in so my stock air lockers can be engaged in any range... I'll try this.

Makes sense. I have a locker bypass relay wired in so my stock air lockers can be engaged in any range... I'll try this.

??? The stock lockers are not air lockers they are "E" lockers meaning electric. ??? When disconnected it is the same as an "open" diff.

Yep, open when disconnected, so one wheel up, turn one time exactly, count pinion rotations, multiply by 2. :)

Easiest with a separate person closely watching pinion. Keep in mind that you can kinda get this with ballpark measurements. If the ratio is 3.73, the pinion will turn "a little less than twice around". If it's 4.10, it will be "a little more than twice around"... Make sense?

??? The stock lockers are not air lockers they are "E" lockers meaning electric. ??? When disconnected it is the same as an "open" diff.

Ummmm, my stock lockers are air operated front and rear.... 05 rubicon feature... They went electric in 06.....

In dash winch switch- instead of running your controller line down the outside of your jeep, I have a permanent 3 conductor wire running from the winch to inside to a single pole double throw switch. The smitty xrc10 uses a Speak on connector (available online or any professional music shop) $5.
1392352507761.jpg

Love that one, man! I wanted to explore doing that... I've got a superwinch. Hopefully not a proprietary connector :)

Thanks Majik! Send me a pic of the connector and I'll see if I can source it. Worse case you can always call the winch manufacturer and buy a connector from them, but that won't be cheap :mad:

With your guys level of inginuity, maybe you can parallel the conductors where the existing plug wires up inside the pecker head. If its done with ring terminals it may not be too bad. Series wire the common (12v hot) through a 2nd safety switch SPST mounted inside and then on to your momentary in/out switch. Paul how many amps is your switch rated for?

Last edited:
Top Bottom