Pulled the trigger on lift and upgrades

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
I’ve had my 2021 Xtreme Recon for a little over a year and in that time I’ve added new wheels and 37’s (doesn’t rub at all), aluminum front bumper and under belly skids and a winch. Also added a couple KC lights on the front bumper. It’s been awesome but I’ve been considering a lift to give it more flex on the rocks & additional bump stop space when loading up the Jeep. The stock rear springs sag under weight and bottom out easily and I felt a few more inches would give the extra “cushion” needed for the perfect Jeep.
I was encouraged by the air suspension Eddie is testing out but after reading of some issues and not wanting to wait, I recently put a deposit down for a 3.5” Game Changer suspension lift by MetalCloak. I considered Evo and Rock Crawler and Teraflex but after wheeling with someone who had the Gamechanger, I was sold. I am also going with the MetalCloak HD steering upgrade (tie rod and drag link) for a complete MetalCloak setup.
My stock Rubicon sliders worked fine until I hit the hard trails and realized I needed a real rock slider. Since I’m biting the bullet on suspension I decided to order the MetalCloak Overland flip step sliders also since my wife already complains about needing a step to get in.
The final piece of this upcoming upgrade is to replace the stock rear plastic bumper. Since I’m trying to keep the vehicle light and match the front aluminum bumper I’m going with the aluminum Genright rear bumper. I decided to wait on fender upgrade for now but will consider in the future.
Hoping to have the parts and install done in the next month or two…. Here’s my Jeep now and I’ll update with “after” pictures when the time comes!
AE0B2786-BAE4-4996-A0FF-8ED767199773.jpeg 38478C90-08E6-4C5A-B9C5-53729747B2FD.jpeg 3EDC37DA-A013-4966-824E-7043D18DA606.jpeg 27C6CDC7-9167-4747-818D-C906651638A8.jpeg CD27E3E2-2B54-4F02-AA7D-24D8930B936F.jpeg

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
I coordinated a Cougar Buttes day tomorrow (Sunday) and about a dozen rigs will be showing up to spend the day playing on the sand and rocks. Can’t wait to play around and have some fun with the new suspension! Now I’m ready for some “big kid” trails 🤙🏽🤣

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
Mall crawlers thought of it years ago, this one was on my Ram 2500 for a few years and when I bought the Jeep and had plastic bumpers this came over and has lived on the Jeep ever since!

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
The lift has been great and my rock crawling has been more fun and less scraping 🤙🏽
Here’s a few highlights from Sunday wheeling with some friends. My son made the video for me

Top Bottom