PSC Steering Box Adjustment

bhaner

I have the PSC big bore box and have noticed some slop in the center of the steering. All the components are nice and tight.

If I shut the engine off I get about 1.5 - 2” of play at the top of the steering wheel without the pitman arm moving.

I have read that some can be taken out by turning in the set screw on the top of the box. Does anyone know the spec or procedure for doing it correctly?

I would send the box in but I don’t have enough time to have it taken care of before the next trip.

I also tried to contact someone at PSC but have had no luck yet.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Call Kelvin at PSC. I had a box that was going bad that they ending up replacing, before they did, he had me turn the bolt on top a quarter turn and it did help for a bit.

bhaner

Call Kelvin at PSC. I had a box that was going bad that they ending up replacing, before they did, he had me turn the bolt on top a quarter turn and it did help for a bit.

I gave it a quarter turn in this morning and it made a world of difference!

I wonder if this box was never setup correctly right from PSC. I have always had a bit of a wonder going down the road. It's all gone now!

Thanks for the info!

I think I will get in contact with PSC and see what they say about a rebuild when I get back from Colorado.

wjtstudios

Hooked

I wonder if this box was never setup correctly right from PSC. I have always had a bit of a wonder going down the road. It's all gone now!

Thanks for the info!

I think I will get in contact with PSC and see what they say about a rebuild when I get back from Colorado.
He said they occasionally need a little bit if adjustment, but no mor than a quarter turn.
Glad it worked out for you!

Thanks for the info!

Curious what they tell you. Mine came the same way. Ended up tightening up the bolt which fixed it. Just wondering why it would need to be adjusted right after being installed.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Curious what they tell you. Mine came the same way. Ended up tightening up the bolt which fixed it. Just wondering why it would need to be adjusted right after being installed.
I’m interested as well, going to upgrade the existing box with the big bore in the near future & would like to know what some of the quirks are.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m interested as well, going to upgrade the existing box with the big bore in the near future & would like to know what some of the quirks are.
That bolt has to do with the flow or pressure in the system, not necessarily tightening anything up. They had explained it to me a couple years ago, but I forgot the exact details

jeeeep

Hooked
That bolt has to do with the flow or pressure in the system, not necessarily tightening anything up. They had explained it to me a couple years ago, but I forgot the exact details
this^^ I forgot about this until reading this thread and they told me the same thing few years ago when I was having issues with turning at idle.
Glad you posted, I need to make an adjustment after I do a filter change/fluid change

Top Bottom