PSA- 2015 Special Edition owners. WARN tow kit being included?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
for people taking delivery of their new rubicon x or hard rock editions, please be sure to ask if the WARN tow kit is included. My 2014came with it and already 2 members have received their kit. but they had to ask for it. it's not going to be inside the jeep, it'll be in the parts department tied to your vin number. it doesn't hurt to ask, besides you already paid for it.
here are two examples.

Hey guys just wanted to provide an update,.................

I took delivery of my 2015 Hard Rock over the weekend. The Mopar Tow Kit DID COME WITH IT! However my salesman, the sales manager, and the dealership manager had no clue what I was talking about. I followed the advice of OLRAM30 (thanks again) and was able to track it down in the parts department under the VIN number. So make sure you do not leave without it.

Good luck,................

Just took delivery on a 2015 JKUR Hard Rock Edition and had to ask for the Warn Recovery Kit. Sales person had no idea what I was talking about. I explained that I researched it on this forum and gave him the part number (82213901) and 20 minute later after he visited the service and parts department, he had the Roadside Safety Kit in hand. He explained that he had sold several 2014 Rubicon X Editions and 2 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Editions and none on them were delivered with these kits. THANKS for the info...:thinking:

olram30

Here is what is included, or supposed to be: warn tow strap, warn gloves, 2 warn d rings, and a bag to carry it all in.

Attachments

• 1409929301164.jpg
    1409929301164.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 290

DA RUNT

Just think of all the kits they haven't given to the people that bought the X and didn't know about it. And then turned around and sold em for 200 :naw:

olram30

Just think of all the kits they haven't given to the people that bought the X and didn't know about it. And then turned around and sold em for 200 :naw:

i googled the part number and looks like dealers are selling them on amazon.
same shit with me, i had to ask for mine. if not, it'd be for sale behind the counter.:naw:
to be honest, i don't know if other models include it. just know that the x and hardrock for sure.

noroad

actually, it's in the wife's jeep. she wouldn't even let me keep the gloves. they don't even fit her.:crazyeyes:

hahaha this came with my ladies jeep as well and i had to do some talking to get the large gloves lol hahah! the bag is pretty cool i like it!

olram30

she has a willys!

i really wished i kept that brochure, but i really believe any of the special editions were supposed to include this kit.
but i guess we can include the willys model also:idontknow:

noroad

i really wished i kept that brochure, but i really believe any of the special editions were supposed to include this kit.
but i guess we can include the willys model also:idontknow:

Ya she got the bage of stuff lol, the willys is cool as it is a sport with the rubi suspention and tires!

olram30

mine was one of the first to get these, and the dealer said that UPS delivered them separate. they had a stack of them and had to find the one that was tied to my jeep. :hmm: and mine was the only rubicon x.

noroad

mine was one of the first to get these, and the dealer said that UPS delivered them separate. they had a stack of them and had to find the one that was tied to my jeep. :hmm: and mine was the only rubicon x.

we got ours in may couple weeks after the jeep came in April!

olram30

we got ours in may couple weeks after the jeep came in April!

i'm starting to think they are included in any special edition. really sucks that dealers would hold out on these. glad your dealer is cool and included it.:thumb:

noroad

i'm starting to think they are included in any special edition. really sucks that dealers would hold out on these. glad your dealer is cool and included it.:thumb:

Ya me to, although it seemed like they only had a limited amount if that helps and we did have to wait a bit for it to come.

olram30

changed the title since willys have been know to include these. it just bugs me that these aren't free, people paid for them and they are tied to your vin.

Top Bottom