ProRock Paint Problems?

aermotor

Was in the desert a few weeks back and ran into some major mud in a 'dry' lake bed. No big deal, hosed it all off at a DIY carwash. But then a few days later while doing some maintenance I noticed there was quite a bit of paint completely gone from the axle... I don't know how these are painted but I would at least think them to be as good as Mopar axles, but I guess not? :thinking: PR has only been on since January 2017 and was installed at EVO.

Sure, I can rattle can them and that's what I did, just seems odd. Wondering if anyone else has something similar happening.

It's pretty bad for a new axle in Los Angeles of all places. Dynatrac's response was not helpful at all, it was canned frankly, and they didn't respond to my follow up email.

Dynatrac via Email said:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This usually is not the case and it should last for some time. It’s hard for us to accurately give a time frame of how long is should last as it’s under the vehicle and varies from road conditions and climate.

You can use any good general primer and spray paint for touch up.

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

That's worse than I would imagine. Mines been on for almost a year and a half and it looks nowhere near that bad. I would definitely send those pictures to them and ask what's up with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

It's pretty bad for a new axle in Los Angeles of all places. Dynatrac's response was not helpful at all, it was canned frankly, and they didn't respond to my follow up email.

Dynatrac via Email said:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This usually is not the case and it should last for some time. It’s hard for us to accurately give a time frame of how long is should last as it’s under the vehicle and varies from road conditions and climate.

You can use any good general primer and spray paint for touch up.

WJCO

Meme King
I just looked at mine. Nothing like that. And I've been in mud, snow, and winter road chemicals since the install last fall.

J

JKDream

Was in the desert a few weeks back and ran into some major mud in a 'dry' lake bed. No big deal, hosed it all off at a DIY carwash. But then a few days later while doing some maintenance I noticed there was quite a bit of paint completely gone from the axle... I don't know how these are painted but I would at least think them to be as good as Mopar axles, but I guess not? :thinking: PR has only been on since January 2017 and was installed at EVO.

Sure, I can rattle can them and that's what I did, just seems odd. Wondering if anyone else has something similar happening.

That is really weird, I agree it looks like it wasn't primed.
Quick question for you - did Dynatrac paint the inside of the axle tubes?
Mine were shipped bare metal.

aermotor

I just looked at mine. Nothing like that. And I've been in mud, snow, and winter road chemicals since the install last fall.

That sounds like how it should be.

Wow, that's a lot of paint missing.. My rattle can paint jobs hold up better then that! Seems like it wasn't primed..WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea, I don't know if they usually prime these or not...

That is really weird, I agree it looks like it wasn't primed.
Quick question for you - did Dynatrac paint the inside of the axle tubes?
Mine were shipped bare metal.

It's hard to tell without taking off the wheel, I'll check this weekend.

Andy5160

Hooked
Damn

Seems like that mud had some acid/ or petroleum based compound in it or something similar.

Deffinetly ask manufacturer

Sullivan

Damn. That sucks.
Mines been on for almost 2 years in Chicago weather and I wheel the crap out of it. I also clean with a steam pressure washer and mine looks nothing like that
The reality of this is that there is nothing they can or would actually do. At best, they'd send you a can of paint but that would almost be arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

Wow that looks like shit. Bad paint job and/or crazy pressure wash! What's up with the axle tube in the last pics? Looks goofy.

No shit right! I was originally like "WTF! Axle is backing out of the pumpkin!!!" then realized all the paint was just gone from there and all over the place. It's happening on the other side too. So either it's just the paint or my axle is 100% %#$@&%

Damn. That sucks. Mines been on for almost 2 years in Chicago weather and I wheel the crap out of it. I also clean with a steam pressure washer and mine looks nothing like that.

That's sort of my point, it makes no sense after one wash in LA.

Was this purchased directly from Dynatrac or through someone else?

Bought/installed through EVO who ordered directly through Dynatrac, and I did register it right away.

Last edited:

aermotor

Surprised Eddie hasn't weighed in. I'm sure he's seen more of the axles up close than many others... :bowdown:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd always start with the company who sold you the product. It's no different then when people call EVO about EVO products they buy from NR4x4. They should call NR.

It's the same here. How is Dynatrac supposed to know what EVO did or didn't do in setting up and installing the axle?

No, I am not saying EVO did anything wrong or that Dynatrac did anything wrong. All I am saying is that you should first contact the company that actually sold you and installed the product.

Just my .02. You can take it or leave it.

Top Bottom