ProRock 62 Rear Axle?????

Ddays

Hooked
A logical person would be able to determine that the upgrades featured on a rear axle would not include anything having to do with knuckles or ball joints so by process of elimination that would leave you with the larger housing. I can see how that might be difficult for some people to comprehend. BTW there is no such axle as an XD62 its a ProRock 62...talk about false news!

Then how in the fuck does anything you posted help in any whatsoever when the OP is asking about a REAR AXLE?!?

And you also didnt address why you purposely posted only part of Dynatracs answer on that other place.

Last edited:

desertrunner

OP did you buy an axle set?
All the information I was able to dig up about the 62 sounds like front axle stuff. Essentially the XD housing for extra rigidity but the same pro 60 outers and internals.
It's possible they did something similar for the rear SF60 being an XD housing but SF shafts idk. All the posts from dynatrac lead me to believe front axle though not rear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

mondricek

Hi guys! No this is specific for the rear axle. Their brochure talks about a 62 front axle, but not a 62 semifloat rear axle. After talking with Steve at Dynatrac, he said it’s a newer design than their ProRock 60 semifloat rear axle. All things are the same such as tube thickness, but the pumpkin is different. He said the ProRock 60 design was getting stale and they are going to start phasing it out for this new design.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Hi guys! No this is specific for the rear axle. Their brochure talks about a 62 front axle, but not a 62 semifloat rear axle. After talking with Steve at Dynatrac, he said it’s a newer design than their ProRock 60 semifloat rear axle. All things are the same such as tube thickness, but the pumpkin is different. He said the ProRock 60 design was getting stale and they are going to start phasing it out for this new design.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks for the update. We're all on the same page except for one guy. :rolleyes2:

I know you said leave it out of the conversation but if I were you I'd think hard about spending that much money on an axle that you can expect to to tweak flanges. :twocents:

mondricek

Thanks for the update. We're all on the same page except for one guy. :rolleyes2:

I know you said leave it out of the conversation but if I were you I'd think hard about spending that much money on an axle that you can expect to to tweak flanges. :twocents:

Ddays you have a very good point. Do you know how much ground clearance I will be giving up by going to a low pinion full float axle? I know a guy who beats on his heavy 4dr with 40s and has never had a problem with flanges. However, by reading the forums, every person who hasn't had a problem, there is one that has had a problem.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Ddays you have a very good point. Do you know how much ground clearance I will be giving up by going to a low pinion full float axle? I know a guy who beats on his heavy 4dr with 40s and has never had a problem with flanges. However, by reading the forums, every person who hasn't had a problem, there is one that has had a problem.

Are you sure he doesn’t have full float axles?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom