Proper Trail Lingo

JAGS

Hooked
Totally random thread. I'm a newb and curious to get some feedback on lingo. My wife and I were talking about trails/runs we've been on in the past and some we wish to explore in the future. So, if you have already been on a trail in your jeep would you say you "drove" that trail, "rode" that trail, "jeeped" that trail? Other? :thinking: I say "rode" is all encompassing as drove sounds too tame. Of coarse in my head the trails I've done so far are way more bad @$$ than in reality so I don't just want to "drive" them. :cheesy: :crazyeyes: ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I personally refer to "hitting" a trail or "running" a trail and all variations and conjugations of those words. Sound more "macho" Lord knows I need it haha.

JAGS

Hooked
I personally refer to "hitting" a trail or "running" a trail and all variations and conjugations of those words. Sound more "macho" Lord knows I need it haha.

My same line of thinking. "Drove" is something reserved for picking kids up from school or the way to the mall. Don't get me wrong, I like to "drive" the mall parking lot. :brows:

GCM 2

10frank9 has written all that is needed :rock: his terms are accurate for all occasions and environments.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'm gonna go do some wheelin tomorrow an run some back woods trails. Maybe kill a hog or two. Probably end up only killing a few beers! :cheesy:

Jersey_Devil

My same line of thinking. "Drove" is something reserved for picking kids up from school or the way to the mall. Don't get me wrong, I like to "drive" the mall parking lot. :brows:

And we don't "drive" at the mall...... We "crawl" at the mall! Lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
And there in lies my problem, I've got kids and want something a little kid/family friendly so they are not running around going yeah "I hit that!" or "were hitting that!" :cheesy:

I f*cking nailed it!

Does that work? :idontknow:

JAGS

Hooked
I f*cking nailed it!

Does that work? :idontknow:

Lol. At least one bomb always gets dropped either by myself or other on the CB whenever I go out. Kids don't really know those words yet, but wife and I always laugh.

Top Bottom