PREVIEW : EVO'd Up WAYALIFE Jeep JT Gladiator - SEMA 2022

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been asleep or under a rock the past month, I should note that our Gladiator has been under the knife at EVO and will be displayed at their booth with a slight modification or two. šŸ¤Ŗ

Here is a teaser shot of what you will get to see...
20221027231514-8da220cf.jpg

#sema2022

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
For those of you who've been asleep or under a rock the past month, I should note that our Gladiator has been under the knife at EVO and will be displayed at their booth with a slight modification or two. šŸ¤Ŗ

Only laughing at the first sentence. Otherwise, canā€™t wait to see the final as been follow ling along on Melā€™s pages. šŸ˜Ž

Dale72

Hooked
The Decked was removed for install but EVO designed this trailing arm kit to work with it so that it hides the cutouts and coilovers. I don't think we'll have time to get it back in before SEMA though.
That's good. From the short clips that Mel was posting I couldn't tell if you could keep it

AZVAJKU

Hooked

That looks amazing!! Canā€™t wait to get more info on it!

Is this setup compatible with the diesel?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's good. From the short clips that Mel was posting I couldn't tell if you could keep it
Truth be told, I think it'll take some effort to secure it to the bed or at least, up by the bulkhead but everything was designed with enough room to make it work.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Whatā€™s the wheel travel from full bump to droop? Looks like almost 20ā€ out of a 14ā€ coilover

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks amazing!! Canā€™t wait to get more info on it!

Is this setup compatible with the diesel?
I'm not 100% sure being that you will need to have the EVO fuel tank installed but, I can't really see a reason why it couldn't be made to work. You'd either need to have a def tank installed or delete it though.

Dale72

Hooked
Truth be told, I think it'll take some effort to secure it to the bed or at least, up by the bulkhead but everything was designed with enough room to make it work.
I really haven't decided if I'm going to get the decked system for my new JT like I did for the blue one. I'm planning on removing the rear seats and install the goose-gear rear seat delete.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think a few of you might be interested in seeing these pics as well. This first one is of a factory Jeep Gladiator rear drive shaft at a full droop. As you'll notice, the pinion drops substantially due to the factory control arm geometry.
20221027231532-acdf9586.jpg

On a u-joint style drive shaft, this would cause quite a bit of bind and when running a tall lift, it can be difficult to address driveline vibrations.

That said, this is what we now see with our new EVO trailing arms. Perfect alignment of drive shaft and pinion and from full bump to full droop.
20221027231539-ad794610.jpg

Best part of all this is... you do NOT have to install trailing arms to make this possible. EVO will be making this triangulated 4-link setup available for their existing coilover kit and even standard coils and shocks setup. The only thing you will need to do is have one of their fuel tanks installed.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I think a few of you might be interested in seeing these pics as well. This first one is of a factory Jeep Gladiator rear drive shaft at a full droop. As you'll notice, the pinion drops substantially due to the factory control arm geometry.

On a u-joint style drive shaft, this would cause quite a bit of bind and when running a tall lift, it can be difficult to address driveline vibrations.

That said, this is what we now see with our new EVO trailing arms. Perfect alignment of drive shaft and pinion and from full bump to full droop.

Best part of all this is... you do NOT have to install trailing arms to make this possible. EVO will be making this triangulated 4-link setup available for their existing coilover kit and even standard coils and shocks setup. The only thing you will need to do is have one of their fuel tanks installed.

How many gallons is the EVO tank?

benatc1

Hooked

When you talk about the 4 link set up coming and gas tank, to your knowledge will that be Gladiator specific?

Top Bottom