PR60 parking brake question...

Fury22

So i was following the diagram dynatrac sent me for the parking brake in my axle swap. The picture(which i attached) shows what looks like a tension spring on the end of the cable. I called the dealer and they said its not a oem part...called dynatrac and they say its an oem part...just happen to have a rental jeep and looked underneath and sure enough there is no spring...soooo yea. Anyone with a rear pr60 that can help? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190401-172724_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190401-172724_Drive.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 61

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So i was following the diagram dynatrac sent me for the parking brake in my axle swap. The picture(which i attached) shows what looks like a tension spring on the end of the cable. I called the dealer and they said its not a oem part...called dynatrac and they say its an oem part...just happen to have a rental jeep and looked underneath and sure enough there is no spring...soooo yea. Anyone with a rear pr60 that can help? Thanks

Are you missing the spacer? It comes with the axle

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

This thread is for a PR80, but it may help: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/55972-PR-80-E-Brake-Question?p=1102915&viewfull=1#post1102915

Fury22

Ok, I was confused. The spring is an OEM part, the spacer is not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats what i was told by Steve, but when i walked outside and looked under the jeep i rented while mine is not drivable today there are no springs there. Plus the dealership parts guy looked at a parking brake parts set and said there was no spring like that. Hence my dilemma haha. It is a j8 brake part? Rubicon? I apprecaite everyones input on this...

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thank you! I've been doing the same search and it seems most replacements do have the spring, but still some don't. So weird...

That’s for a 2008. Marne they redesigned the cable for later years. Mine definitely has one.

Top Bottom