PR60 (Hard Core package) hydro assist

After much thought and deliberation I ended up with the Fusion4x4 tie rod and drag link. They use 2.5 ton cartridge ends from Rare Parts. By the looks of it the ends appear to be identical to Currie's modular extreme duty series. The 7075 is solid aluminum. I will be testing these out up on the Rubicon and Fordyce in the coming weeks. Ultimately I ended up not doing a hi steer setup as it seemed cost prohibitive. In addition it would require me to run heim joints which I do not care for.

You’re on the same boat as I was with highsteer. 7k ish is another hard pill to swallow on top of the axles and everything else. Lol looks good. [emoji1303] I’ve considered doing the same set up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’re on the same boat as I was with highsteer. 7k ish is another hard pill to swallow on top of the axles and everything else. Lol looks good. [emoji1303] I’ve considered doing the same set up
I'll be stopping for diesel at the Maverick in Elko on the 29th if you want to take a look at it let me know. My buddy is installed a PSC Big Bore box next week. I'm going to drive his Jeep while were on the trail and that will help me make my decision on Big Bore box only or Big Bore box and ram. If I do add a ram I will not be using Dynatrac factory mount. I'll most likely fab a mount that sits higher than the tie rod and comes off the track bar mount like this.

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I've also thought about doing something like this. Puts the ram behind the axle

Attachments

• ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 134
I ask for the tabs to be loose. Figured I’d use the tabs when I do hydro. My buddy and I were talking about a behind the axle steering. Wasn’t sure if anyone has done it on a jk before

I'll be stopping for diesel at the Maverick in Elko on the 29th if you want to take a look at it let me know. My buddy is installed a PSC Big Bore box next week. I'm going to drive his Jeep while were on the trail and that will help me make my decision on Big Bore box only or Big Bore box and ram. If I do add a ram I will not be using Dynatrac factory mount. I'll most likely fab a mount that sits higher than the tie rod and comes off the track bar mount like this.

I moved my ram up off of the track bar mount area and it works great!

I moved my ram up off of the track bar mount area and it works great!
Post up a picture

7k for high steer! What setup are you talking about?
Dynatrac driver side arm is around $600. EVO kit is around $1k. Not sure what they quote for labor but it's up there plus you need to notch the frame. My quote was somewhere between $3-4k if I remember correctly. Then add $2500 for PSCs full blown hydro assist kit and install you're pretty close to $7k. At this point I could add the PSC setup and be at half the cost of EVOs hi steer setup.

Post up a picture

Dynatrac driver side arm is around $600. EVO kit is around $1k. Not sure what they quote for labor but it's up there plus you need to notch the frame. My quote was somewhere between $3-4k if I remember correctly. Then add $2500 for PSCs full blown hydro assist kit and install you're pretty close to $7k. At this point I could add the PSC setup and be at half the cost of EVOs hi steer setup.

I wouldn’t consider the PSC system part of the high steer kit, you could run the highsteer kit without a ram. For me it was two different upgrades, I installed the PSC box/ram/pump when I had a PR44 and 37s. Bubba (Exodus Jeeps) could correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it was 6-8 hours of labor to install the high steer kit and steering linkages.

Post up a picture

You don’t need the frame notch for hi steer.

I wouldn’t consider the PSC system part of the high steer kit, you could run the highsteer kit without a ram...
Yes 2 different upgrades but damn it adds up quick

You don’t need the frame notch for hi steer.
I have 1" of preload on my coil overs in my case I would have to notch the frame (I took measurements). Sure I could raise the Jeep but I want to keep my cog as low as low as possible.

Option 3: Notch frame and flip Fusion drag link and tie rod. Then run ram to tie rod or back side of knuckle :brows:

I have 1" of preload on my coil overs in my case I would have to notch the frame (I took measurements). Sure I could raise the Jeep but I want to keep my cog as low as low as possible.

Running 1” of preload and highsteer can result in some issues. Totally get wanting to keep your cog low, but there is a such thing as too low.

I can't find the pictures I had but this past EJS I went over to the MetalCloak and put my Jeep on their trailer. I know it's not the end all be all but with 1" of preload my coil overs and bump stops were pretty dialed in (I could probably move my rear bump stop up slightly). Allows me to stuff my tires and leaves very little room but doesn't make contact.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3791.jpg
    IMG_3791.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 124
I can't find the pictures I had but this past EJS I went over to the MetalCloak and put my Jeep on their trailer. I know it's not the end all be all but with 1" of preload my coil overs and bump stops were pretty dialed in (I could probably move my rear bump stop up slightly). Allows me to stuff my tires and leaves very little room but doesn't make contact.

If you want to keep your stance then your option 3 goes out the window. If you flip the draglink your also going to need to raise the trackbar bracket, and if you do all that and keep your stance, the draglink on the knuckle will be higher than it is on the pitman arm, balljoints will amplify this issuers well. The highsteer mounts the draglink on top and I had to raise my ride height for that reason, I also had a really LCG stance prior to the highsteer

I don't quite follow on the ball joint part but I understand what you're saying about the drag link and track bar. I was just kidding about option 3 and will most likely run the ram above the tie rod and not behind it.

Evo with big bore kit and install and frame notch.

it is two different upgrades, and if you want both at the same time it is a lot. I would have them install the highsteer kit on the axle, and then install the hydro/steering box myself at a later date.

it is two different upgrades, and if you want both at the same time it is a lot. I would have them install the highsteer kit on the axle, and then install the hydro/steering box myself at a later date.

Thought about that. But would only save like $700. Planning on hydro and sticking with 37s maybe. Then high steer and 40s. Just need to fix my tcase and deathwobble

Top Bottom