PR44 Built by Northridge4x4 leaking!!! Please help

It wasn't a shot at dynatrac. From what I've been told dynatrac installs the axle seals before the axle is shipped to the distributor. The only thing they did was install the gears and and locker and shipped it to me with the rcvs in a box.

Ok so the pinion seal would have been messed up by north ridge and it's possible that you knocked out the inner seal when installing the axles. Not a dynatrac issue.

It shouldn't make a difference. I never said a name nor did I blame it on anyone. I've been in contact with dynatrac and the place that I bought it and it's being taken care of. Both were more than welcome to take care of the issue. There was no need to bash anyone

So if you've been in touch with both, what did they say the issue could be? Also, if it's being taken care of, why the post asking what to do?

Fitting screen name. You don't seem to get it, but it's important to point out who did the work on this axle. While it may not matter to you, it matters to a lot of people who drop that kind of coin on an axle.

This guy never said who he purchased it from but if it was Northridge and Northridge has been authorized by Dynatrac to build their Axles, how is this not at all their problem? Its their product and they authorized someone to build it. I believe they would have some ownership in an issue like this...

This guy never said who he purchased it from but if it was Northridge and Northridge has been authorized by Dynatrac to build their Axles, how is this not at all their problem? Its their product and they authorized someone to build it. I believe they would have some ownership in an issue like this...

If the seal failed on its own, it's a seal failure. If not, it's due to improper workmanship by whoever damaged the seal when the axle shaft was installed.

If you have a tire shop install new Goodyears and they start leaking around the bead. Are you going to blame the tire shop who did the install or Goodyear, who made the tires?

If you have a tire shop install new Goodyears and they start leaking around the bead. Are you going to blame the tire shop who did the install or Goodyear, who made the tires?

Probably both. Depends on who is more willing to work with me about the issue. My point was not who to blame but to point out Dynatrac should help in rectifying the issue, even if it was builder error. If you authorize someone to do something, you're stamping your companies seal of approval on them.

Probably both. Depends on who is more willing to work with me about the issue. My point was not who to blame but to point out Dynatrac should help in rectifying the issue, even if it was builder error. If you authorize someone to do something, you're stamping your companies seal of approval on them.

Lol, I'll call bullshit on that.. But

incase you missed it. Dynatrac did send him a new seal. [emoji6]

If you have a tire shop install new good years and they start leaking around the bead. Are you going to blame the tire shop who did the install or goodyear, who made the tires?

This is bs. Your telling me if your tire bead started leaking, u would be calling Goodyear. BULLSHIT.

I'm willing to bet the seal was damaged from the axle shaft install.

So if you've been in touch with both, what did they say the issue could be? Also, if it's being taken care of, why the post asking what to do?

Kind of what I was thinking. I mean, if the problem is "being taken care of" as was stated by the OP and presumably some time last week as nobody was open on Sunday, I'm not sure what the point was to start this thread if not to "bash" Dynatrac by name and slogan.

Top Bottom