What JL motor do you recommend?

• 3.6L V6

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • 2.0L

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Ecodiesel

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
So I’ve had a couple 3.6’s, I’m not a fan and will never own another one.

Currently own an ecodiesel. I love the little shit. Great mpg and plenty of power for my needs. Set the adaptive cruise at 80 and the thing just chugs along and is basically idling. I have had a few issues however. It has detuned to avoid overheating a couple times. It cuts throttle control and max speed was 45 mph. It’s beyond frustrating and pisses me off to no end that it’s done that. It also needed a diesel particulate module sensor replacement. It was a couple hour fix at the dealer under warranty and really no biggie.
Again. Super happy with the ecodiesel.

I’ll sell you mine if you’re interested! 🤣

benatc1

Hooked
I’ve only had the 3.6 and it’s fine, I don’t doubt the diesel is good but with some problems out there and the extra cost and complexity, I decided against it, certainly not a problem for most. I sometimes wish I had more go right now with the 38s, and better milage, but it’s really not that bad and I do plan to do gears this winter, so that should help. I’ve never had any major issues with the 3.6 but it certainly has its limitations. I figure down the road I can easily motor swap if it comes to it, but the 3.6 with 8 speed is fine but certainly nothing special, all I’ll say is if you have the inkling you want a certain motor, go for it, or else you’ll prob be left wanting it.

sugarbear_jt

Love the 2 liter turbo; but I really am not a fan of the 3.6 V6. I have one in my Gladiator; and it is horrible for towing, and wicked on fuel.

My wife has a 2020 Wrangler with the 2T; small lift, running 33s, and she regularly gets 25 to 28 MPG, while I can barely scratch 20.

Loaded; mine is even worse. Towing our trailer (4500 lbs), I am down to 10 mpg; and the worst of it, that my range on a full tank is down to 200 miles. Plus; some of the hills around here (Central BC where we often travel) has some extended grades (2 to 3 miles) with 9 or 10% climb. Sometimes I can barely go 40 MPH, and the thing is shifting like mad from 3rd to 4th to 5th, then bogs down, and back to 3rd. Rinse, repeat.

I have to carry a Rotopax to just go from town to town, just in case.

I gave up and ordered myself a 3.0 Diesel; just a few days ago.

WJCO

Meme King
Love the 2 liter turbo; but I really am not a fan of the 3.6 V6. I have one in my Gladiator; and it is horrible for towing, and wicked on fuel.

My wife has a 2020 Wrangler with the 2T; small lift, running 33s, and she regularly gets 25 to 28 MPG, while I can barely scratch 20.

Loaded; mine is even worse. Towing our trailer (4500 lbs), I am down to 10 mpg; and the worst of it, that my range on a full tank is down to 200 miles. Plus; some of the hills around here (Central BC where we often travel) has some extended grades (2 to 3 miles) with 9 or 10% climb. Sometimes I can barely go 40 MPH, and the thing is shifting like mad from 3rd to 4th to 5th, then bogs down, and back to 3rd. Rinse, repeat.

Are you on stock tires on both of your Jeeps?

SeaSharp

When you say ordered a diesel, do you mean new? 2024? I'm hearing so many mixed things on them.

jcruse64

So far, we like the 3.6, but this is our first 3.6 AND our first Jeep. Towed our 21' runabout this week for the first time with it. It handled it just fine for a short run, but it does not pull it like the wife's 5.7 Hemi in her Durango R/T. I didn't want the 392 option for this Jeep, but would have been all over a 5.7 option for it, if only they'd have offered it. We really like the 5.7 Hemi.

Colorado4x4

Ecodiesel is my vote.

However, I don't think you can get a 2024 model. 2023 is the last year they made it and they aren't making anymore I've read on other places.k Which sucks, I was literally going to trade and get one.

Yea dude. There are 2 diesels here for sale both are waiting on the high pressure fuel pump recall repair. Fuel pumps were supposed to be in Q1 but still aren’t in. Can’t even test drive the remaining few.

Top Bottom