POLL : How do You Feel About Jeep Being Owned by the Chinese?

How do You Feel About Jeep Being Owned by the Chinese?

• Makes no difference to me especially if they're cheaper

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • So long as they're mostly made in the USA - I'd be okay with it

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I would never buy another new Jeep if China owns the company

Votes: 43 70.5%

• Total voters

JimLee

Hooked
Honestly, in my opinion, no matter who makes them I think the the JL/JT line is the last series of Jeeps that will be worthy of hard offroading. Over-computerization already makes them a PITA for some mods and they are going to just keep "modernizing" to the point that almost any mods besides cosmetic will disable the vehicle. Plus electrification, you can keep that bullshit. I'll keep it until it can't go no more but I think the JL is my last new Jeep purchase.

thebeezknez

Caught the Bug
American made car index. Funny that a lot of people hate on Tesla, but look where they sit on the list. Like them or hate them, at least they are made here. Wrangler comes it at 44 but the Stellantis group comes in at 2

1659111284977.png 1659111569769.png

Twist512

I'm not big into politics, and by no means an economist.

China simply doesn't play by the rules, which is frustrating. Intellectual property, and designs mean nothing to them (hence the Chinese knockoff). Financially, they also play by different rules. China's policy appears to be different than that of other colonization, and they are buying their way into countries. Australia, India, and countries in Africa are experiencing this first hand.

Now consider this... China owns nearly 200,000 acers of American farmland. China's goal appears to buy and own countries out from underneath them. This is not private companies in China buy up things, these are state sponsored Chinese companies that are buying up things.

Now, nothing against the Chinese people. I know several who are immigrants that love being here and are fantastic people.

Top Bottom