Poison Spider bumper recognition help

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I'm 95% sure these are JK Poison Spider bumpers, but figured I'd ask y'all pros. Will these fit a JL? They're a smoking deal (because they're in rough condition obviously) but I figured it's still worth a look, maybe. I've asked for photos of the backside of them to hopefully help confirm.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.
PS Front bumper.png
PS Rear Bumper.png

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah the rear one looks like they’re brackets for LEDs but I wouldn’t hate that. My old JK had quite a few LED pods so this would be OK. They’d need to be sandblasted and powdercoated though.

May only other concern is they might’ve been in a wreck and as such, their structural integrity could be compromised. The lady selling them doesn’t know anything about them. Says she was just given them.

Upvote 0
Definitely Poison Spyder. The main thing to consider is if the front requires a frame chop or if it's a direct bolt on as they made both from what I recall. Don't remember any of them having the big holes up front.

Upvote 0

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm 95% sure these are JK Poison Spider bumpers, but figured I'd ask y'all pros. They're a smoking deal (because they're in rough condition obviously) but I figured it's still worth a look, maybe. I've asked for photos of the backside of them to hopefully help confirm.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.
View attachment 372536
View attachment 372537

the spider cutout is kind of a giveaway. Lol. Unless someone is pretty handy with a plasma.

Upvote 0

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
the spider cutout is kind of a giveaway. Lol. Unless someone is pretty handy with a plasma.
I meant are they for a JK or JL my bad.

we’ve determined they’re JK PS bumpers so the front should fit our JLU but the rear won’t be useful for me. Think I’ll snag them both and sell the rear.

Upvote 0

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I meant are they for a JK or JL my bad.

we’ve determined they’re JK PS bumpers so the front should fit our JLU but the rear won’t be useful for me. Think I’ll snag them both and sell the rear.
Are you sure? I was under the impression the JK bumper wouldn’t fit a JL/JT.

Upvote 0

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
There was a fairly lengthy thread on another forum where they had put stock JK front bumpers up to JLs but they had said that the rear bumpers were different. Also, a local builder showed me a pic of a Jeep he worked on that had a JL aftermarket bumper on a JK, so we thought this might be OK. Idk.

I’m tempted to just snag them, clean them up, and if they won’t work I could easily make my money back if they’re still structurally sound. The seller is only asking $500 for both of these bumpers.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom