PLANNING 2016 Windrock, TN - End of Summer Run

Trevor, have you had a chance to contact either park to see what the magic lock down number might be (if they have one)?
Agreed on cb & tow points.
Group sizes of 10 would probably be ideal but 15ish worked well this weekend.
Thanks for remembering the family folks too.

I'm actually in the process of getting in contact with both and see what it would take to make it happen. Depending on what the number is, it might be worth it!

Trevor, don't really know that much about it. But, they are opening a new orv park in central ky this fall. It's part of the red river gorge. Medxjk could tell you more about it. Might be worth looking into.

Good idea with the 4th group and I feel like the easy groups # of rigs was just fine I think we had like 12 or 14 I can't remember

Trevor, don't really know that much about it. But, they are opening a new orv park in central ky this fall. It's part of the red river gorge. Medxjk could tell you more about it. Might be worth looking into.

Alright cool. I'll get with him on it.

You can already count on me being wherever it is as long as I can get out of school/work.

I also like the idea of windrock one of the trails I've been wanting to hit someday

I think our group was about 15 jeeps I would say anything bigger then that would be hard to keep up with for a single group.

I'm in

I'm definitely in for any of the above! Easy group was a perfect size group. A 3 day weekend event would be great!

Another thought maybe would be to do a mini JKX.. AOP day 1, Windrock day 2, Harlan day3? Just a thought. My local club is trying to plan out something similar but plan on doing Telico, Windrock, and Harlan.

So another place to add in there would be Telico- that park is awesome, but nearest hotel is like 35 or more minutes away, but they have lots of camping and night riding allowed.

Another thought maybe would be to do a mini JKX.. AOP day 1, Windrock day 2, Harlan day3? Just a thought. My local club is trying to plan out something similar but plan on doing Telico, Windrock, and Harlan.

So another place to add in there would be Telico- that park is awesome, but nearest hotel is like 35 or more minutes away, but they have lots of camping and night riding allowed.

I've definitely thought about doing that but I don't think I'm quite to that point in my planning of events yet. But it's definitely something I'm interested in trying to do at some point.

I've definitely thought about doing that but I don't think I'm quite to that point in my planning of events yet. But it's definitely something I'm interested in trying to do at some point.

I don't think you give yourself enough credit bro. You done a kick ass job with the end of summer run. Plus if you need help all you have to do is ask. You know the KY boys will help if at all possible.

Just a thought...

I think the west coast guys are more used to a trail and not a park. This said, it would be a massive trip for them to make and only see one place. If we really want to get the westies out here and show them what we have, I would like to take the trip on the road over several days.

I'm VERY willing to help make this happen and plan a leg.

Edit to add: this would allow for some to do a place more close to them but not commit to a whole week if they don't have the time or ability. Yet make the most out of a trip for the long travelers.

PLANNING 2016 East Coast - End of Summer Run

Just a thought...

I think the west coast guys are more used to a trail and not a park. This said, it would be a massive trip for them to make and only see one place. If we really want to get the westies out here and show them what we have, I would like to take the trip on the road over several days.

I'm VERY willing to help make this happen and plan a leg.

Edit to add: this would allow for some to do a place more close to them but not commit to a whole week if they don't have the time or ability. Yet make the most out of a trip for the long travelers.

That makes sense. Something where we make a little tour and then end it somewhere for a weekend deal that others can join.

Edit: I'll take a look at a couple things and see what I can't map out. Might need to take a side bar for those that want to help plan.

Last edited:
That makes sense. Something where we make a little tour and then end it somewhere for a weekend deal that others can join.

Edit: I'll take a look at a couple things and see what I can't map out. Might need to take a side bar for those that want to help plan.

:yup::yup::yup:

Kinda like a JK-X, but not so secret ;)

That's well said Jay. I've been secretly watching this thread. I'll have to see what Pandas plans are, but you have some west coast guys interested, that's for sure.

Get a "core" group, largely long travelers together for the whole thing. Then locals near each spot join for a day. Wrap up fairly centralized where we can camp and party together.

Just an idea, I'm not trying to jack your event. Although I will help.

I'm not trying to be rude at all when I say this but this a East Coast thing. I don't think we should change our ways to accommodate the west coast guys.

Get a "core" group, largely long travelers together for the whole thing. Then locals near each spot join for a day. Wrap up fairly centralized where we can camp and party together.

Just an idea, I'm not trying to jack your event. Although I will help.

Hell, this is why I wanted to start this thread. I think it would be awesome to have a yearly event where we get as many Wayalifer's together as possible, from all parts. I know I had a great time with those I already knew but being able to meet those that traveled from KY, south FL, PA, NY, etc this past weekend was what made the event for me. I'm definitely open for the suggestions and help.

I'm not trying to be rude at all when I say this but this a East Coast thing. I don't think we should change our ways to accommodate the west coast guys.

If this isn't the right event to string this along with that's cool.

Andrew (noroad) and I kicked this idea around when we left the Rubicon. We can plan it as a separate (and possibly inclusive) thing if that is what is preferred.

Top Bottom