Pictures of any four doors on 37s

dgriz

So, for someone like me who has had 35's envy ever since I got my 33's, now I wondering if I could squeeze 37's under my 2" JKS JSPEC lift (2.5" actual) after I trim the fenders or get Bushwhackers. What is the minimum about of lift needed without rubbing or sacrificing flex?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So, for someone like me who has had 35's envy ever since I got my 33's, now I wondering if I could squeeze 37's under my 2" JKS JSPEC lift (2.5" actual) after I trim the fenders or get Bushwhackers. What is the minimum about of lift needed without rubbing or sacrificing flex?

I fit 37s fine with my teraflex 2.5 lift and flat fenders

mikegronholz

I run all the bumpstop Tera sends which is alot. At full stuff, I eat my front and rear bumpers pretty handily without turning. I have to take the rear end aps off and spend about 10 min making the front a stubby ... Then no bumper rub. I dont hit fenders but there is a lot of bumpstop. Once I go tube fenders Ill remove bumpstop. Your results may vary, but there you go.

FuriousDz

Other than fenders you will most likely need to trim the pinch seam as well. I did and Im running a 3.5 lift

Angry Aussie

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378769675.288137.jpg

Not mine but saw it today and got so jealous! I want mine to look like this. Who ever in Austin tx drives this thing well done bro! I love it it. So beautiful in person. Made my day!

VADER JK

How many guys run 37's with the D30 still up front? And what kind of mods would need to be done to it so that it can handle the 37's? Regret not getting the rubi every day :doh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Are those of you running 37s using wheel spacers? If so how big or how much are you running?

You could run 37's without spacers so long as you have the proper backspacing. Most aftermarket wheels come with 4.25-4.5" of backspacing. ATX Slabs have 3.5" of backspacing, and I have run both aftermarket wheels and currently run ATX slabs without spacers. You could run an aftermarket wheel with a 12.5" wide tire without needing spacers most of the time. :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
How many guys run 37's with the D30 still up front? And what kind of mods would need to be done to it so that it can handle the 37's? Regret not getting the rubi every day :doh:

My buddy ran 37's on his D30, it can be done, but saying that, know that it would only be a matter of time before the stress from turning the 37's snaps an axle shaft, or worse a sector shaft. I run 37's on my D44 and know it is also a matter of time before my stock shafts snap and I plan on upgrading steering to Hydro-assisted eventually.

To answer you question, gussets are a must running anything larger than a 33" tire, I wouldn't recommend sleeves as I do subscribe to the theory, as does WOL, that the factory housing is plenty strong. Matter of fact, the knuckles and the housing on the JK D30 and D44 are the same, only difference are the internals and the pumpkin. :yup:

VADER JK

My buddy ran 37's on his D30, it can be done, but saying that, know that it would only be a matter of time before the stress from turning the 37's snaps an axle shaft, or worse a sector shaft. I run 37's on my D44 and know it is also a matter of time before my stock shafts snap and I plan on upgrading steering to Hydro-assisted eventually.

To answer you question, gussets are a must running anything larger than a 33" tire, I wouldn't recommend sleeves as I do subscribe to the theory, as does WOL, that the factory housing is plenty strong. Matter of fact, the knuckles and the housing on the JK D30 and D44 are the same, only difference are the internals and the pumpkin. :yup:

Awesome thanks for the info. So I'll definitely be getting some gussets, and does the Hydro assist help prolong the axle and or sector shafts? Just want to make sure i have everything i need before making the move up.

Top Bottom