Photography - What do you use? Camera, Computer, Software, Video?

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Thought I would start a thread about the equipment and software we use to take pictures of our Jeep's, out travels, and life in general. So let's hear what everyone is using.

Besides my i5 phone I have a Nikon Coolpix 110. Software, I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0.

I also have an old school Olympus OM-1 35mm.

Last edited:

jbaskin28

Nikon D7100 with 2x 32gb SD cards, fisheye lens, wide angle lens, macro lens, and a couple others, external flash, and external battery pack.

I run everything from my MacBook Pro and use adobe master suite cs5 and Lightroom (v3 I think).

Tackerdown

Banned
I use a Nikon D3100 ,nikon dx 18-55 , tamron 70 - 300 w/macro. and a extreme hd vid 30mb 8gb card. with the program that came with the camera. truth be told I don't know how to use it well yet. but learning.

jbaskin28

I use a Nikon D3100 ,nikon dx 18-55 , tamron 70 - 300 w/macro. and a extreme hd vid 30mb 8gb card. with the program that came with the camera. truth be told I don't know how to use it well yet. but learning.

Barnes and nobles has field guides for almost every camera out there. It's always useful for both my d7100 and my old canon.

Tackerdown

Banned
Barnes and nobles has field guides for almost every camera out there. It's always useful for both my d7100 and my old canon.

Cool thanks I'll have to check it out.I upgraded to this one being that it was the first in the line of a more professional camera but just haven't found the time to put into it like I wanted to. The whole jeepin thing has given me more of an opportunity though .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jbaskin28

Cool thanks I'll have to check it out.I upgraded to this one being that it was the first in the line of a more professional camera but just haven't found the time to put into it like I wanted to. The whole jeepin thing has given me more of an opportunity though .

I have a Nikon pack that holds everything for my camera. If I get in the jeep to go out somewhere, I toss it in the back

This was with my wide angle, shutter priority and a little Lightroom work.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364155164.394801.jpg

Tackerdown

Banned
I have a Nikon pack that holds everything for my camera. If I get in the jeep to go out somewhere, I toss it in the back

This was with my wide angle, shutter priority and a little Lightroom work.
View attachment 21107

Wow awesome pic. I really want a wide angle but at the time my middle son was in high school soccer and I opted for the 300mm . I should check around to see if I can get a good used one.

dchew

Great photos!

I used to have a Canon 5D II, but now I use a weird camera hardly anyone has heard of:
Alpa STC with four lenses - 40mm, 70mm, 100mm and 150mm. Those are Rodenstock & Schneider lenses for a medium format digital back, so the 35mm equivalent is 25, 43, 64 and 96mm. Gitzo tripod with an Arca Swiss cube head (I rarely use the camera without the tripod). Definitely not a camera for the masses; it's slow and cumbersome, but relatively light for what it is.

I use Lightroom 4 for almost everything except making panoramas; Photoshop for that. I also occasionally use Helicon Focus for blending together images to get very high depth of field. Computer is a 17" Macbook Pro with a matt screen. I removed the DVD optical bay and have a second SSD drive in there for all my current images (each image from that digital back is ~400mb). I use the 17" MBP for everything, but I do have a second NEC screen at home for editing. I don't do any video :( It's way too hard! I am constantly amazed at what Cindy and Eddie can produce. :thumb:

I print on an EPSON 7900, so I can print up to 24" on roll paper. If anyone has an image they want printed big I can do it for you! I've made a 22x66 pano; beyond that I have to go to an outside printer.

Images are backed up on three different BU systems: 1) Glyph raid 0 drive, 2) Drobo, and 3) bare hard drives that are kept at work.

Whew. And you all thought Jeeps were expensive! :icon_crazy:

Dave

flotto

I use my iPhone and previously a gopro. The gopro did go video but bad pictures. I'm ordering one of the Olympus TG-2 tough cameras for my jeep and mountain bike videos/photo taking. Also have a Cannon Rebel DSLR that I need to take out and use again.

As for editing I use Aperture.

dis_dis

Banned
Canon 5D II or t2i depending on the trip. Adobe Lightroom 4 for post processing. Oh and I have a Countour camera that I mount on the front bumper when I go wheeling ...

Hellfire

Canon T2i, Go Pro 1 for video, & a old computer thats going to be replaced shorty by a imac. I usually us my 50mm 1.8 lens for everything & rent a lens when I want to do something different. I also use my samsung S3 phone when I just want to travel light.

Last edited:

jkmohican

My Gopro is always mounted to my jeep now. Takes really wide shots and gets awesome angles. My iPhone is for just posting pics on the forums.

Top Bottom