Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep

Jersey_Devil

So I went to Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep in Woodbury NJ for them to fix my trans leak under warranty, a few hours later they call me and I'm thinking it's done already, here their calling to tell me that Chrysler won't pay ANYTHING thru my warranty due to a "Full Vehicle Restriction" so I ask the guy why? When yesterday he ran my vin# over the phone and everything was okay.... He tells me he don't know and I gotta call Chrysler.... So now I'm confused and upset and start questioning the guy about why a restriction of any kind would be on my jeep. At this point I did have a tone and an attitude but didn't say anything derogatory towards him, he proceeds to ask me "Are you deaf?" "I said CALL CHRYSLER!" So now I was really pissed told him to f*ck off and hung up.... Called dealer back and INSISTED that I speak to the service manager to the operator, she transfers me to the guy I just told to f-off I get his name and Chryslers # and call them. Now this guy tells me the DMV put the restrictions on my Jeeps warranty and I need to call the DMV... Now I'm extremely pissed, i've NEVER heard of the DMV messing with a vehicle warranty so I call bullshit and ask for the guys manager... He tells me "no" he said he was doing a good enough job and in don't need his manager. So I tell him this is a customer service line and im unhappy with ur service I'd like to speak to a manager, he again says "no" so now I ask his full name so I can file a complaint against him and of course he don't wanna give his full name.... I get pissed and just hang up.
At this point I calm down and think, and I dawned on me. When I dropped off the JK and gave em my name a bunch of stuff popped up on his computer. I bought a 2010 JKU Sahara from that dealer in May 2012, and haven't been back to that dealer since. In Aug 2012 I rolled the Sahara and now I have a 2010 JKU Rubicon. It hit me, the dealer never saw my rubi before and yet all that stuff popped up in their computer.... They ran the info for my Sahara, that's why the DMV put a "Full Vehicle Restriction" on the warranty..... The jeep was totaled that they were running the info to! Now when I was a mechanic, if we needed info from the vehicle, we got it off the vehicle or if something funny did happen we double checked our info. So all of this could have been avoided if the ppl at Pellegrino Chrysler Jeep weren't so lazy, all they had to do was check into why the restrictions were there and they woulda saw they were running the wrong vin#. Instead they got an attitude with me and just passed the buck to the next guy and sent me down the line. Now as much as I don't like going to dealers ever, every now and again I need to go there for one thing or the other. Now I feel as if I can't go back to that dealer (even tho I really don't want to) but it's the closest jeep dealer to me, all others are quite a distance away, and now I feel as if their always gonna treat me like crap whenever I go there. I'm now forced to take an hour and a half drive to Lansdale Chrysler Jeep (where I've ALWAYS got good customer service and mechanical service) to get any warranty work done. O well guess this is just a warning for others + a way for me to complain about this.

bl17z90

I would still file a complaint with Chrysler for the way that got was rude to you. Asking if you are deaf with an attitude is unexceptable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I feel your pain man. If you can prove all that, prove that your current VIN is clear and that your dealership never even bothered to check it, you really should call Chrysler about this. If nothing else, Chrysler can hurt them where it counts.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Make sure they don't have your current VIN, so they don't flag you after you complain to Chrysler.

Jersey_Devil

I feel your pain man. If you can prove all that, prove that your current VIN is clear and that your dealership never even bothered to check it, you really should call Chrysler about this. If nothing else, Chrysler can hurt them where it counts.

O I did, I made the guy go run the Vineyard that's on the jeep in their shop and well whada ya know, the warranty worked. The guy never apologized to me, and gave my keys to a girl to give me with my recipt. Coward wouldn't even see me when I picked it up and when he called to say it was done he didn't call my cell, somehow he had my house phone and called there and left a message, even tho they knew I wouldn't be home to call my cell.... Plus I never gave my home #..... How'd they get it? Lol

How do I complain to Chrysler about it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure they don't have your current VIN, so they don't flag you after you complain to Chrysler.

Looks like it's too late for that. At this point and time, I would make sure that the VIN is clear at Chrysler and make a note of it - take names. IF it gets flagged after the complaint, you can at least prove who gave it to you and why. The most that will do is give you leverage to have it removed. It all sucks.

O I did, I made the guy go run the Vineyard that's on the jeep in their shop and well whada ya know, the warranty worked. The guy never apologized to me, and gave my keys to a girl to give me with my recipt. Coward wouldn't even see me when I picked it up and when he called to say it was done he didn't call my cell, somehow he had my house phone and called there and left a message, even tho they knew I wouldn't be home to call my cell.... Plus I never gave my home #..... How'd they get it? Lol

How do I complain to Chrysler about it?

1-800-CHRYSLER

I do need to warn you that aside from maybe making them loose their bonus, there really isn't much they can do about the dealership.

Jersey_Devil

Looks like it's too late for that. At this point and time, I would make sure that the VIN is clear at Chrysler and make a note of it - take names. IF it gets flagged after the complaint, you can at least prove who gave it to you and why. The most that will do is give you leverage to have it removed. It all sucks.

1-800-CHRYSLER

I do need to warn you that aside from maybe making them loose their bonus, there really isn't much they can do about the dealership.

Thank you for the info, I did take names, dates, and times that I spoke to whoever is spoke to, the restrictions were on my totaled jeep not my current rubi which I paid for a lifetime warranty on

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the info, I did take names, dates, and times that I spoke to whoever is spoke to, the restrictions were on my totaled jeep not my current rubi which I paid for a lifetime warranty on

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that can't flag your current Jeep. If it's modded at all, there would be nothing stopping them from doing just that. Can you fight it, sure but, it's a steep uphill battle. Trust me, I've been down that road before.

Jersey_Devil

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that can't flag your current Jeep. If it's modded at all, there would be nothing stopping them from doing just that. Can you fight it, sure but, it's a steep uphill battle. Trust me, I've been down that road before.

OK so I should call the Chrysler # u posted above and ask about my warranty tonmake sure I'm not flagged and take their names and times down?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK so I should call the Chrysler # u posted above and ask about my warranty tonmake sure I'm not flagged and take their names and times down?

Call and ask to have your VIN checked. Tell them you want to know if there are any issues with it. If there is, don't get mad at the rep but find out when your Jeep got flagged and then start building your case.

Jersey_Devil

Call and ask to have your VIN checked. Tell them you want to know if there are any issues with it. If there is, don't get mad at the rep but find out when your Jeep got flagged and then start building your case.

OK thanks.... I'll do that tomorrow morning, and I won't get mad at them.... It's not their fault.... Thanks for ur help!

Jersey_Devil

So I never got around to calling the Chrysler # WOL gave me till today..... Just got busy over the holidays and forgot till I saw someone else complain about the warranty.... So I called Chrysler today and asked to have my vin checked for any issues and the only thing that came up was that I have a recall on my soft top that I don't have cuz I run a Bestop Trektop NX..... WoOoOoOo the dealer didn't "dink" me back lol

Top Bottom