PCM replacement?

IDAPGal

Hi guys,

My Jeep got flooded in fresh water a couple of weeks ago. Dealer said it failed the block test. While waiting for insurance responses, we cleaned up and dried the Jeep inside out. When we checked the electrical line connections, we noticed carbon residue around PCM pins (see pictures below). Does that mean PCM was shorted? Shall I get a replacement OEM PCM or an unlocked PCM? What are your recommendations on an unlocked PCM?

In addition, the 3.6L Pentastar engine can be turned on, but no throttle power when stepping on the gas petal. I read this could be caused by the fault PCM? Is there any recommended mechanics in SoCal who can help me look in to this? Many thanks!

mmexport1688350222834.jpg
mmexport1688350228714.jpg

JimLee

Hooked
Hope that the insurance company totals it, there could be water in the diffs, the transmission, and the transfer case. That connector is as fried as the PCM, that whole harness will need to be replaced. Yes your PCM will cause all those issues, and more. It is arguably the most important electrical part on the Jeep. You could be entering a years long nightmare.

Tixslam

For your sake I hope they total the Jeep. I worked with a guy who had a jeep JK flood. He was driving it when the driver's air bag went off, not a lot of fun. If they don't total it you will be chasing gremlins for years.

IDAPGal

The insurance company says they plan to total the Jeep, but does not seem like they are going to pay for the mods.

A couple of questions:
1) Can I take off the upgraded parts restoring back to stock if the insurance company is not going to pay for the mods?
2) Is the Jeep beyond saving? Can I replace the PCM, engine harness, then take it from there?

duktrx

The insurance company says they plan to total the Jeep, but does not seem like they are going to pay for the mods.

A couple of questions:
1) Can I take off the upgraded parts restoring back to stock if the insurance company is not going to pay for the mods?
2) Is the Jeep beyond saving? Can I replace the PCM, engine harness, then take it from there?
It depends on the company and the adjuster.

Allstate wouldn't let me pull an aftermarket stereo, even though I had the factory one still.

Country let me pull my stereo, aftermarket wheels, and front bumper.

Spazbyt

Hooked
The TLDR so far.

"My jeep flooded. What's wrong with it?"

"My jeep is totaled. How does my insurance work?"

JT@623

Hooked

A couple of questions:
If you have the stock equipment I’d swap it and play stupid if the adjuster said anything.

Top Bottom