Passenger Side U Joint Broke

DaJudge

Why not use an allen head set screw to block off the zerk not needed? Don't need both, they are there for convenience or in your case, inconvenience - Ace Hardware is your friend.

Took a closer look at the TF ball joints, do the humps that the zerk screw into contact the axle shafts?
it isn't hitting just the zerk. it hits the raised part of the casting that the zerk screws into.

WJCO

Meme King
New issue. The large u-joints hit the parts the bulges for the grease jerks on the top of the bottom ball joint. Too much interference too. grind down. ordered I set of synergy ball joints. Going to replace the bottom and leave the top. Looks like the teraflex ones are already causing an issue. If it didn't have two zerks that stick up out of the top, they would be fine.
Post a pic. But you should be able to swap out the zerks for a different type.

DaJudge

The operation was a success!
completed.jpg
Dana Advantek axle shafts that do keep the FAD functional. They have 1410 u-joints, not 1350 as their website states.
Reid knuckles
Teraflex Ball Joints on top (really want the snap ring)
Synergy ball joints on the bottom
If any one in the future is looking at this...if you want the snap ring just buy the Danatrac ball joints. I ended up spending the same having to buy the two sets. (I am chalking this up to a learning experience and not worrying about it.)
Took it for test drive and a trip into the desert to test the 4wd. Everything is working perfectly!
Tires and wheels go on Friday after work.

Top Bottom