Passenger Side Firewall Passthrough

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
Looking to run some wires from Battery through the PASSENGER side firewall passthrough. Does anyone have advice about doing this or can point me to a video?

With the battery on the passenger side, I don't want to run wires across the engine bay due to concerns about engine heat, and also looking to limit length of run to limit voltage drop.

Goat in snow.jpg

Looking to run some wires from Battery through the PASSENGER side firewall passthrough. Does anyone have advice about doing this or can point me to a video?

With the battery on the passenger side, I don't want to run wires across the engine bay due to concerns about engine heat, and also looking to limit length of run to limit voltage drop.

View attachment 386729
I’m not 100% sure if theere’s an oem passthrough hole on the passenger side. But running wires across the harness behind/above the engine to the driver side will be just fine. We do this all the time and use some wire loom and never have issues.

benatc1

Hooked
Disciple is correct, but I do think there is someway through over there, I believe that is where the wires go through for the factory aux switches, as you can access them through the inside or over by the battery. I’d say start pulling things out, carpet, and glove box and see. I feel like I’ve utilized a path there on a JL but I’m not completely remembering.

Disciple is correct, but I do think there is someway through over there, I believe that is where the wires go through for the factory aux switches, as you can access them through the inside or over by the battery. I’d say start pulling things out, carpet, and glove box and see. I feel like I’ve utilized a path there on a JL but I’m not completely remembering.
Yeah I’m sure there is but can imagine it might be a pain with the batteries right there. Now I’m curious.

benatc1

Hooked
You can also run some wires through the bottom of the windshield if you tilt it forward enough to pass them through. I did that for my Switch Pro like Eddie showed he ran his. Here’s a link.
This is actually what I did, super simple and a lot of room.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There is a pass thru on the passenger side. Also running wires across the engine bay is fine. The OEM aux switch’s wiring gets run across the back of the firewall.
As calsgt said, pulling the whole passenger side fender off is easier than drilling out the plastic rivits IMO.

WJCO

Meme King
I ran a new rear circuit and just went through a drain plug under the rear seat. Ran the wires along the passenger side frame rail up to the battery.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I was trying to avoid increasing the length of the wire harness needed. I'm installing ARB Twin Air under the passenger seat using the kit from 813 Fabrication. I also have my HAM radio installed under the back seat. I guess I'll either buy some wire and splice a longer wire harness for the ARB and go through the clutch hole, or if I can come up with a conduit I might go down the fender well, and along the frame to the drain plugs. Which ever way I go, I'll post pics. Thanks for all the advise. Why Jeep doesn't do a better job of providing firewall pass through on both sides boggles the mind.

kevman65

Hooked
Your biggest problem on the passenger side is ALL the CANBUS leads from engine compartment into cab come in that side.
One little oops can turn into a hellacious nightmare and expense. Plus you have main wire harness coming in from that side.
There is a reason everyone has found other routes.

Personally, I like using the rear drain hole as it's hidden by the carpet and the floor mat.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was trying to avoid increasing the length of the wire harness needed. I'm installing ARB Twin Air under the passenger seat using the kit from 813 Fabrication. I also have my HAM radio installed under the back seat. I guess I'll either buy some wire and splice a longer wire harness for the ARB and go through the clutch hole, or if I can come up with a conduit I might go down the fender well, and along the frame to the drain plugs. Which ever way I go, I'll post pics. Thanks for all the advise. Why Jeep doesn't do a better job of providing firewall pass through on both sides boggles the mind.
splicing shouldn't be a problem for the ARB, they have a 15' harness extender available

Top Bottom