Pancake Rock - Sunday May 24th

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I might be interested. Never been there and very new to wheelin. I've got a 4in lift on 33's. no rocker protection right now unless I get my rubi rails on before then. Think I would be able to make it??

Oh yeah you'll be fine. Rubi rails are easy to put on. Do you have the hardware? I can put them on for you that morning if you do before we take off. 10 minutes max.

ilikedirt2011

Oh yeah you'll be fine. Rubi rails are easy to put on. Do you have the hardware? I can put them on for you that morning if you do before we take off. 10 minutes max.

they just have i think its 6 bolts on each rail. no nuts or anything. im guessing i need to go get the nuts for them? i can go take a pic if that will help. any idea of what size?? ill try and get them on tomorrow but if i cant get them on id be stoked on the help that morning. count me in!! might bring the wife and pup if thats cool!!

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nope you don't need nuts. :)cheesy: ) They just attach to the holes in the tub that are threaded already.

And I'll add you to the going list now. :thumb:

ilikedirt2011

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369451444.945453.jpg i

So I just went down and threw on the rails to see how easy it would be and the holes aren't threaded for the screws on the rails. Do I guess I'll need to get some bolts??

TheDuff

The studs that pass through the pinch seam need 10mm nuts. I don't know the thread pitch off hand, but I used some standard Honda 10mm nuts I had from a civic and they fit perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

ilikedirt2011

I think pre 2012 is different and needs part D from install instructions on this page. Step 1 shows how they install http://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_221_07.htm

Sorry I don't know the technical term or how to link just the PDF from my phone.

Thanks for the link!! I'm going out today to try and find the clips and nuts. If I can find the hardware the rails should be easy to get on. Just trying to figure out what they are. Seen ppl call em j clips and nutserts 😑

TheDuff

My stock clips had a threaded nub on one side. I bet the dealer has some

TheDuff

The nub side sat pointing toward the top of the jeep. Used the big hole to position the clip so it lined the threaded section up with the smaller hole. The PDF gives a decent example

ilikedirt2011

Yeah good luck finding them. I had no luck at the hardware stores and the dealer said they don't have them. Actually they said there is no hardware. :doh:

sweet hopefully ill have better luck finding them or ill just end up trying to rig something up thatll work.that picture will deff help! lol i called the dealer and talked to the guy in parts and he sounded all confused and said he would call me back...:crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The nub side sat pointing toward the top of the jeep. Used the big hole to position the clip so it lined the threaded section up with the smaller hole. The PDF gives a decent example

You coming tomorrow?

RockyJk

Yeah good luck finding them. I had no luck at the hardware stores and the dealer said they don't have them. Actually they said there is no hardware. :doh:

I got a bag full of those haha if they don't have em for the rails ask for them for the steps my steps used those

Top Bottom