Paint overspray removal

mackey

I recently had some bodywork done on my jeep. After getting my jeep back I now have white speckled overspray all over my dash center console and steering well. I’m having difficulty getting it removed and the autobody shop is not helping.

CalSgt

Hooked
I recently had some bodywork done on my jeep. After getting my jeep back I now have white speckled overspray all over my dash center console and steering well. I’m having difficulty getting it removed and the autobody shop is not helping.
If the shop screwed it up they should make it right... If its legit catalyzed automotive paint there's probably not much that can be done to remove it, if the white speckles are from polishing compounds or waxes rubbing alcohol will usually remove it but can harm some surfaces.

Were the repairs paid for by your insurance? If so call them & complain

ETA: Non catalyzed paint will wipe up with quality lacquer thinner but that too can harm plastics/leather.

mackey

If the shop screwed it up they should make it right... If its legit catalyzed automotive paint there's probably not much that can be done to remove it, if the white speckles are from polishing compounds or waxes rubbing alcohol will usually remove it but can harm some surfaces.

Were the repairs paid for by your insurance? If so call them & complain

ETA: Non catalyzed paint will wipe up with quality lacquer thinner but that too can harm plastics/leather.
The repairs were from wheeling damage, so I didn’t go through my insurance. I also go half doors painted. The white specs are definitely the automotive paint used when my repair and half doors were painted. I’ve scrubbed and scrubbed but they aren’t coming off. I haven’t tried any chemicals, fearing they would damage the plastic. Yes, I fully agree the shop should be fixing it. Yesterday they shop agreed to try to fix it but said once the paint dried, there isn’t much they can do. If they can’t remove it I will be asking them to pay for a new dash, center console and steering wheel.

Top Bottom